Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stc sa1-167

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Stc sa1-167

Who holds the STC

Post Thanks / Like

Copper River Airmotive LLC... in Alaska....holds the STC......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tim kerns View Post
    Who holds the STC
    Copper River Airmotive in Alaska

Here is there website http://www.crairmotive.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Forest posted the document on the first page of this thread and somehow deleted it because he didn't think it posted. It should show up now. Thanks Forest.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks again Forrest ....
    The docoment looks in good shape for 54 years old....

Paul

Post Thanks / Like

I also have the AFM supplement and I have the Maintenance Instructions for the installation, it is a scanned copy of the original and is in poor shape, but better than nothing. I am currently on the road right now, Union of Migrant Aviation Workers of America, and my work computer's internet nanny and balking at the attachment size, I will have to mess with it later and try to post it.

Post Thanks / Like

"Union of Migrant Aviation Workers of America"

Rocket - after watching the series "Ice Pilots" (about Buffalo Airlines), I reckon you blokes deserve a medal for working in those conditions. I really felt for the engineers who had to do an engine change on an open tarmac. Blowing snow, -40F and he had to take his gloves off to start each nut! (Cast iron fingers?)

Much prefer the +40C of the Aussie outback.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Curly View Post
    "Union of Migrant Aviation Workers of America"

Rocket - after watching the series "Ice Pilots" (about Buffalo Airlines), I reckon you blokes deserve a medal for working in those conditions. I really felt for the engineers who had to do an engine change on an open tarmac. Blowing snow, -40F and he had to take his gloves off to start each nut! (Cast iron fingers?)

Much prefer the +40C of the Aussie outback.

Here's a little wintertime fun, St Paul Pribilof Islands.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Crosswinds STOL STC on my 1951 PA-20/150 and it looks the same as the Susquehanna Aero. Maybe Charlie Center bought/ took it over? I was told - though I have no factual knowledge - that my STC required a Tri-Pacer engine mount, and that the mount tilts the engine to one side quite a bit for torque. I have the new Tri-Pacer mount (has some extra fittings) and I notice that the engine does appear offset to the left quite a bit, and this make a problem with spinner clearance on the left (pilot's) side. The air inlets are quite a bit off center of the spinner as well. I noticed this on a PA-22/20 I looked at before I bought this plane as well. Spinner rear bulkhead is just a hair away from the nose bowl. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wayne, here is a link to a high resolution photo of the engine mount drawing. http://www.shortwingpipers.org/forum...-22-amp-25-150
    The mount is the same for the PA16, all 20's and 22's including the 150 hp Pawnee. Dimensions and tube sizes are all the same with a 2 degree offset to the right and 4 degrees down. The only differences between the mounts are brackets that hold things like the muffler, brake cylinder and nose gear.