Hello, time to introduce myself... been reading for several hours now, a wealth of useful info here; thanks to all who contribute their expertise & time.

I recently purchased a 1956 TriPacer 150, with the intent of (finally) getting a Private License. Have flown a number of hours in various aircraft, but have never had that ticket. Bucket list time.

At any rate, after some taxi testing yesterday, I found one of the aluminum rings ("support rings"?) on the inboard side of the brakes was firmly affixed to the drum, the other (starboard side) loose so that it could be spun around easily by hand. Makes a nice clanging noise.

I THINK I have the gist of what that piece is for --an external "stiffener" for the rather thin brake drum-- but not sure how it attaches. I plan to discuss this with a local A&P tomorrow. As an aside, my calves STILL hurt from trying to stop and/or hold the d___ed thing yesterday. It has had (Williams, I believe) independent toe brakes added by the previous owner, but they sure don't work real well as far as I can tell.

Anyone out there have a description or a parts blow-up of that business, or a link to same? I did see where Univair has a $70 book on ADs for the TriPacer, but money's a bit tight at the moment, and I think it's going to get tighter.

I have to admit I'm getting scared of the things I'm finding...maybe not earth-shattering, but bothersome, nonetheless. I'll save some for later....

Thanks in advance, as I KNOW I'll have lots of other questions!