Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pacer and Cleveland Wheels and Brakes....?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Pacer and Cleveland Wheels and Brakes....?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pierce View Post
    I am not following how the brake disc spacers is moving the wheel outboard on the axle.
    The brake disc spacers moves the disc location a 1/4in inboard relative to its original location. In the case of these brakes, the anchor bolts don't appear to have enough engagement in the torque plate to stay put. Installing a 1/4in sleeve spacer on the axle to move the wheel outboard and put the brake disc back in its original location and keep the anchor bolts in the torque plate has the wheel almost falling off the axle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I would remove the spacer on the axle and install longer brake caliper pivot pins. Airframes/Bushwheel pins are longer than Cleveland's. There are two different ones that I am familiar with, flanged and not.

http://www.airframesalaska.com/ABI-C...i-69-02600.htm

http://www.airframesalaska.com/ABI-C...i-69-01900.htm

Post Thanks / Like

Knew I was missing something. Had even seen the pins on the website but figured they were dimensionally the same. Looks like the 30-18 brake uses the unflanged pin so I will have a little visit with Airframes. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Say 20 PSI is recommended tire pressure I wonder how low you can go before they rub?

Post Thanks / Like

I want to put 8.50X6 tires on my pa-20 with the alaska bushwheels wheel and brake kit. Do I need an STC for that? Sven's STC calls out clevelands, but bushwheels call themselves drop in replacements for the clevelands.
    How do I get these tires, wheels and brakes legal?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

AC 23-27 Subsitution of parts on aging aircraft.

Post Thanks / Like

I paid Swens20151118_103547.jpg20151118_103547.jpg 250 it was the only way to get 850s legal that I'm aware of

Post Thanks / Like

For anyone poking around on this thread, I have a new in box pair of Cleveland 40-84 wheel assemblies. Wife says THEY HAVE TO GO!! $800 makes them yours! Shipping not included. Also have my old brake assemblies we removed for the new set included in the kit we installed. Torque plates would need some work. Add $100 and both old brakes can be yours, too. Reply to make an offer. These are from my PA20 with 1.5" axles. Brake discs not included. FYI brakes are Cleveland 30-41 dual pucks. They are older models so part support from Cleveland is somewhat limited other than wearables.
    Last edited by dcflyer84; 06-27-2016 at 12:04 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pierce View Post
    Alaskan Bushwheel has them for a much better price. I got a quote last week. The problem with Univair's kit is the brake disc is 2" from the wheel where the 199-71 is 2 3/8" which is less prone for the caliper to rub the tire.
    Steve, thanks for taking my call the other day. I talked to Airframes and they told me their discs are a replacement and will work on the 199-62 style wheels and are 2.5" from the wheel. They advised against using additional spacers. I only have a little less than a quarter inch of clearance and I have not flown it to see if it will rub. Are the replacement discs my best option for the 26" Goodyears? This airplane was converted in the 70's so it has the 40-28 or 40-75 wheels - will it be stamped on the wheel somewhere?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

If they have the deeper discs that is what I would do but still check the pin engagement to the torque plate.

Support Short Wing Pipers.org- Click Here To Find Out More.