Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Marten Fabric Clips

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Marten Fabric Clips

It'll be alright. I was looking into replacing them already anyways. I've got a couple leads on wings!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Gilbert for the info. I'm going to practice tying the knot before starting on the wing.

leo

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

There is a good video on the EAA website on how to tie the knot that very helpfully.

Post Thanks / Like

I am in the middle of recovering my wings and my tripacer had the martin fabric clips on it. The fabric hasn't been touched in almost 40 years and I don't have any cracks in the ribs from the clips. There was a lot of cracking in the paint along the fabric clips. I plan on stitching the new fabric on.

Post Thanks / Like

Wise decision

Post Thanks / Like

Bring back an old thread but wanted to comment on it. I'm working on a Pacer that ground looped and hit the right wing. The usual damage to the tip area, spar is good but the fabric is Martin clipped and four ribs from the strut attach point out folded in the middle of the top cap. The Piper ribs as stated above are fragile and this was was a eye opener of just how weak they are when drilled. I got rolled over and dropped 1400' to 800' crossing the Turn Again Arm near Anchorage and I would have been big trouble if the wing ribs had been drilled if what I'm looking at on this plane is the norm.