Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Nose wheel strut mounted Taxi light

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nose wheel strut mounted Taxi light

I saw a Tri Pacer at the airport the other day that had a taxi light strapped around the nose wheel strut just below the cowling and a off/on toggle switch on the instrument panel. Thought that seemed like a good idea. When it is really dark and not much airport lighting at small airports, the right side of the taxi way is black. Sometimes I have to use a hand held flash light to make right turns. So a nose mounted taxi light canted a little to the right seems like it could solve the right side black hole taxi problem for me.

Is any one familiar with this set up? My A/P said it was a modification and needed an STC.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Nose wheel strut mounted Taxi light

they put them on the main gear in Alaska and get field approvals for it. Shouldn't be a major deal.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Nose wheel strut mounted Taxi light

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pierce View Post
    they put them on the main gear in Alaska and get field approvals for it. Shouldn't be a major deal.
    OK, thanks.

I will check it out.