Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wanted section

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Wanted section

Bob, Beautiful. The Hostetler kits / plans are no longer available. Did Mr. Hostetler use scale flaps and ailerons in his plans? If he did, could you send me a photo of the aileron/ hinge X section?

Thanks,

B. Bradley

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Tri-Pacer ailerons

Aileron X-Section.jpgTri-Pacer - Joe - 4x3.jpgTri-Pacer 7A .jpgBob, this is my third try to reply to your kind post of photographs. They are terrific. If you happen to be in your hangar with your camera would you shoot the aileron in the full up / down position from the same angle as your first photo

The drawings are a few of the attempts to figure out this arrangement. The up, down movement seems O.K. until a control scale control horn is fitted. In the up position the horn bangs into the trailing edge unless a goofy angle is adopted. I can't pinpoint the problem. the curvature of the leading edge is just a guess but seems to work without binding. but something is amess.

The model photos are of my first Tr-Pacer design. It is a 36" electric parkflyer. It is scale in outline, but the ailerons and flaps are top hinged in typical model fashon. The cowling is one piece plastic, and comes with the short kit. www.manzanolaser.com.

Thank you so much again for your photos,

Bill Bradley