Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Sticks in a Pacer

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Stick conversion for PA-20/22

Quote Originally Posted by HunterJ View Post
    Hi All
    I know this is a way old thread but thought it would be a good place to post what a buddy of mine and I are doing down here in the land of koala bears and snapping geckos
    Strictly for the experimental fans of course!!!!!! (Thanks Stephen for your help in the early days of design)
    Anyways, it requires a rerouting of the aileron cables some, couple of extra pulley locations and pulleys for the redirection.
    Also have included a pic of our take on the rare trim handle situation.
    Cheers
    HunterJ

Attachment 12644Attachment 12645
    Beautiful work. Did you build the stick control mechanism?
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."

Post Thanks / Like

Will pass on the comment.
    This set no. My friend Gavin (we call him Mcgyver coz he can pretty much fix/make anything!) took to the challenge and worked it all out and away he went - really classy set up.
    Gavin is six hours drive away in Sydney so we spend a lot of time on the phone catching up on his days work in the man cave and talking through ideas on improvements etc.
    I try to spend time working on his and my stuff at some stage on the weekends that I visit my aged mother in Sydney.
    In the end we will have pretty much a matching pair of aircraft other than the Trimmer doors in mine and the paint schemes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Very nice.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Sticks in a Pacer

Boooo the pictures don't show up..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PowerTrip View Post
    Boooo the pictures don't show up..
    Steve,

I have been asked about my stick conversion recently and I have referred them to this thread but, it seems that the pictures I posted out the first entry do not show up. Can anything be done?

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, Stephen are you the holder of the one time stc # SA01715SE for 20-179? Id love to see what's involved to pull this mod off if that's you. I have a 1950 pa20 undergoing a extensive rebuild and modifications. I would like to get all the welding work done before covering and the sticks are definitely on my dream list. Can you email me info?
    Thanks, Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, Stephen are you the holder of the one time stc # SA01715SE for 20-179? Id love to see what's involved to pull this mod off if that's you. I have a 1950 pa20 undergoing a extensive rebuild and modifications. I would like to get all the welding work done before covering and the sticks are definitely on my dream list. Can you email me info?
    Thanks, Mike
    I have a one time stick STC as do others. I posted some of my information at the start of this thread and hopefully the pictures can be accessed. Most of my information is not in digital format for that project, I'll see what I have. I would not hold out much hope with the faa, I was lucky. It would be even harder now, I was recently unsuccessful after spending five years on another STC project.

Post Thanks / Like

My stick STC is based on the Clipped with significant changes. It has to be moved forward because of the hydrosorbs. This changes the aileron routing and flap. The sticks and control mechanism is different to make room for full actuation. My sticks have excellent feel. But, don't expect the faa to approve this STC without engineering and flight testing.

Post Thanks / Like

Fingers crossed the pictures get fixed on this old thread, I really want to check them out. I don't necessarily need a stc, a field approval will be just fine if I can pull it off. I already have a baggage door, dual adjustable seats and mounts, and disk brakes from a colt on my list for field approvals. My FAA dude said if I can get drawings and info from another field approval or 1 time stc on the control sticks I can probably get it approved.
    Thanks, Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Fingers crossed the pictures get fixed on this old thread, I really want to check them out. I don't necessarily need a stc, a field approval will be just fine if I can pull it off. I already have a baggage door, dual adjustable seats and mounts, and disk brakes from a colt on my list for field approvals. My FAA dude said if I can get drawings and info from another field approval or 1 time stc on the control sticks I can probably get it approved.
    Thanks, Mike
    The difference between the field approvals you have listed and the stick modification is when control systems are involved, an STC is required as I understand.