Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Not exactly a short wing but almost as good!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Not exactly a short wing but almost as good!

(Q) What sounds better than a merlin at full cry?
    (A) Two merlins at full cry!

This Mosquito has recently flown in New Zealand. You gotta hand it to the Kiwis - they are bloody good at restoring old aeroplanes.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-I4hZah_Pc

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Not exactly a short wing but almost as good!

Awesome! Beautiful!

Post Thanks / Like

Watching that extremely rare (only flying example?) aircraft take to the sky...I could only sit with a huge smile, and exclaim....DAMN! That is a beautiful plane!
    However...I will see your 2 Merlins, and raise you 4 Griffons! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEZHefUMiKY
    Last edited by pa20; 05-07-2013 at 12:48 AM.
    Mark Ohlau
    PA-20 N7744K 2023 Donation Paid

Post Thanks / Like

when i was a kid i went to a movie 633 squadren starring Cliff Robertson , this movie really peaked my interest in aviation.the mosquito was also built in ontario canada during the war , not a bad airplane considering that it was made out of plywood and balsa wood and because of those materials it had a lower radar signal .the sound of those merlins sure gets my blood flowing . i think that there are only a few flying ones left in the world, i know Kermit Weeks had one at one time thanks for sharing the link Rocket204

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

When I worked at Ezell Aviation years ago Nelson was out putting a Mustang we had just finished through it's paces when we heard what sounded like a gaggle of Mustangs. Then the Canadian Heritage Flight's British Lancaster came into view with 4 Merlins turning with Nelson in the P51 on his wing. That was a cool place to work, you never knew what was going to blow the roof off or when.

Post Thanks / Like

My Taperwing that I crashed and sold is being rebuilt in New Zealand those guys can rebuild anything