Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 32 of 44 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Show Us Your Panel! (Pictures)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Show Us Your Panel! (Pictures)

A work in progress. Our new EI CGR-30p sure did take out a lot of instruments. We are putting in dual g5 and need to install the intercom.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

IMG_1053.jpgIMG_1431.jpg The flail and the result. Still more to do.

Post Thanks / Like

IMG_3542.jpgThe final result of my newly rebuilt "original" panel.

The first picture shows it with the GNS 750,,,, the second picture shows the "mock up" Narco Omnigator and Low Frequency Radios installed over the GNS 750...

Fully ADSB compliant, weather, XM radio, the works. All of the instruments were original and completely rebuilt and re faced in the original yellowish color to reflect the red post lights as per the original CAA factory specs.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dmark1; 01-22-2018 at 11:32 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! dmark1 that has to be the most amazing over the top panel I have ever seen in a Tri-Pacer! So, do you have to screw on the old panel disguise over the GNS 750?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Subsonic View Post
    Wow! dmark1 that has to be the most amazing over the top panel I have ever seen in a Tri-Pacer! So, do you have to screw on the old panel disguise over the GNS 750?
    No we cut the back of the old unit off with and backed it with cork, it slips over the GTN (I have to remove the knobs) and covers the GNS and the Transponder perfectly.

Post Thanks / Like

It was hard to get the lighting right. Panel is in, trying to figure out all the wiring. I have an old procom 4 intercom I hope will work out. Just going to use a kx170b for now. This panel is supposed to be an ifr panel. I will not be flying ifr in my pacer. I'll be playing in the dirt and scud running. It's a little overkill, but I'm only using the basics

Sent from my iPad using ShortWingPipers.Org mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

N9401D

Post Thanks / Like

Started on a new pa el for the Super 17 today. Water jetted the holes and now ready to add the shape and bends! Switched the engine monitor to the top of the panel to be more on my sight view and also moved the Intercom over and added the ELT remote in the center. The panel to the left is the panel for my EXP Bus 2 breaker set up. I left the glove box because it is so handy and toyed with the thought of flush mounting a 496 in the door.

6191CFEC-0BDD-4161-9B1C-BED2323DBD4E.jpg B663A491-D441-4DB0-A3A7-3F7BCC5CCA1F.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

The Vagabond is our first airplane without an electrical system. Always enjoyed shooting instrument approaches with the IFR GPS in our last airplane. Having plenty of fun flying the Vagabond!

Purchased a Yaesu handheld radio and Ram mounts. This system works fine with an external antenna and headset. The ball mount has a plastic saddle, not seen in the photo, that clamps the top of the tube. Use the PTT on the radio for transmitting. The radio can be installed/removed in about 30 seconds. Have a 9V battery powered portable intercom, have not worked out that installation, yet.

Bill
    PA-17
    Last edited by rideandfly; 05-28-2018 at 09:59 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

IMG_1029.jpg
    Panel of N9401D early evening March 29 on flight from Y50 to KOSH. Photo by Loren Larson riding along in right seat.