Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: sad day for northern pilot

Post Thanks / Like

Default sad day for northern pilot

manitoba canada has had an unusualy cool wet spring , my son inlaw was cultivating and seeding a field in northern manitoba and witnessed the incident , he saw the pilot make two slow passes over the grass runway then came in for a landing, as soon as the airplane touched down my son inlaw saw a large spray of water and a few seconds later the airplane nosed over and flipped on its back and skidded only a few feet upside down , my son inlaw immediatly drove the tractor over to help , as he got out of the tractor he noticed that the water in the grass was almost coming over the top of his boots , the pilot exited out the rear door . the son inlaw asked him if he was hurt and asked a few questions as to his state of mind to make sure there was no head unjury . the pilot said he could not see the water thru the grass , the pilot is a retired bush pilot and has thousands of hours , mostly otter on floats , he told my son inlaw this was his first accident in over forty years of flying , i am glad he was not hurt IMG_0946.JPG.jpgIMG_0950.JPG.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: sad day for northern pilot

I feel for the guy. I wonder if the two people standing on the wings realize the additional damage they are causing?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: sad day for northern pilot

the guy on the right is the pilot , don t know who the other is , son inlaw took the pictures