Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tapatalk

I have used Tapatalk to access this forum. But, I just can't figure out what the advantage is? One must have a 3G or better signal, so why not use the standard browser?
    I am admittedly "technologically Amish", so I am sure that I am missing the key advantage! Thanks in advance.
    Mark Ohlau
    PA-20 N7744K 2023 Donation Paid

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Tapatalk

Some ways of keeping up with things are easier in Tapatalk, and the presentation of the forum in an all-forum timeline fashion is handy.

But mostly it just allows me to check when I am out and about but have a minute, without having to have a wifi signal or a laptop in my pocket.

Shrug.

I got along fine without it...but I like it...now that I have it...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The advantage to Tapatalk is supposed to be on mobile devices but SJ and I are not real happy with it and have been looking for an alternative. More and more people are accessing the site on mobile devices (phones, tablets etc.) and so now we are working to make things work and view as well on both PCs and mobile devices. He is experimenting with some things on SuperCub.org that we will probably be switching to as well that has some neat new features, it is pretty subtle so won't confuse you too much. The thing I miss with Tapatalk is the "New Post" button. That is saved to my favorites and is how I access the site each time so I can keep up with all of the new posts quickly. I have to admit I am not well versed in Tpatalk either.

Post Thanks / Like

SWPC forum works very well using TaptalkHD. I don't use the non-HD version of taptalk. When accessing the Bearhawk group forum using taptalkHD or Taptalk, bad words start flowing. So...I'm good with the SWPC forum set up just like it is.
    Mark M.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Last edited by mmoyle; 07-17-2014 at 11:58 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Mark, Are you referring to ShortWingPipers.org? I don't get an option to use Tapatalk when accessing the Short Wing Piper Club website. I will have to look into the HD version, I was not aware of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pierce View Post
    The thing I miss with Tapatalk is the "New Post" button. .
    The first view I use with Tapatalk is the "timeline" view, which works to give you the topics with the newest posts.

Within the topic view,Tapatalk also highlights with a "blue ball" those topics that have unread posts within.

Bryan

Post Thanks / Like

Using Chrome to access this site via either WiFi or Cellure on my iPad works just like it does on my P C. Upload of pictures and New Posts no issue.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pierce View Post
    Mark, Are you referring to ShortWingPipers.org? I don't get an option to use Tapatalk when accessing the Short Wing Piper Club website. I will have to look into the HD version, I was not aware of it.
    Steve....this forum. SWPC....Maybe I'm confused. This group is my primary form of entertainment when flattening my butt! This forum has zero bugs for me using Taptalk HD. Posting new topics is easy, choose public, then the category and new topic. Also this forum will push email notifications to my inbox for topics I've participated in. Backcountry Pilot forum doesn't work quite as well (but still good), it pushes email notifications as well. The Bearhawk forum sucks using Taptalk HD. So I hardly go there.
    Mark M.
    Having pacer rebuilding withdrawals....three days of other stuff....mostly fighting with systems at SAM.gov, and the USDA snap program..... Will finish up a 3304Cat genset overhaul today. Then start on a Perkins. 54kW genset with the Cat placard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mmoyle View Post
    Steve....this forum.
    There is a very long and drawn out explanation of the difference in SWPO (this forum) and SWPC (not this forum), but it would just make us both tired... So, go fly instead! And remember to refer to this as SWPO and not SWPC..

Post Thanks / Like

tap-a-talk is a great on mobile devices. Lets you access all your forums easily from one place, with all the normal features easily available. The push notifications are great too, if you have take the time to setup how you want to be notified.

I use tap-a-talk for accessing all my forums while i'm on the go. mobile browsers have crappy bookmarking features, and limited abilities to upload files.

The only think I would suggest is collecting all the tap-a-talk signature lines, "Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD", and setting them up to be deleted on post. I think you can do it via the smiley management.