Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: '52 Tri Pacer 150HP

Post Thanks / Like

Default '52 Tri Pacer Airframe - $5000 or best offer.

Complete Aircraft EXCEPT engine, Prop, spinner, nose bowl and right main gear. Aircraft has been in a hanger for its entire life, so has very little rust or corrosion anywhere.

I have complete logs for air frame as well as all service letters and 337's, etc. Also includes most--if not all SWP CD's--and others with all the manuals for the engine and airframe. Complete set of new tires.

Fuselage is almost completely stripped to the bare metal and nearly ready to prime and reassemble. Wings and control surfaces are still covered in the original Stits fabric—which I had tested at the factory and exceeds new spec’s. Unfortunately the re-cover was done prior to the FAA requirement for the use of the same manufacturer’s products, and someone used enamel paint over the silver, so it’s delaminating. My intention was to just recover the entire aircraft.

To that end, I have already stripped the fuselage of all components and the strip to bare metal is nearly finished. Wings and control surfaces are still covered. At this stage it would be a great candidate for conversion to PA22-20.

I have medical certificate issues, so can no longer fly and this airplane needs a good home as it’s very straight and would last for another fifty years when put back together.

I have included a few photos, but will be happy to take more if you tell me what you want to see, specifically.
    Tri Pacer 016.jpgTri Pacer 017.jpgTri Pacer 018.jpgTri Pacer 019.jpgTri Pacer 020.jpgTri Pacer 021.jpg

If interested in talking about the aircraft, please call (971) 801-5358.

Thanks for looking!

Michael
    Last edited by MichaelC; 05-23-2015 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Lower price