Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Modernizing the Pacer?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Modernizing the Pacer?

Mmoyle has already done this, look it up he did a stunning job it looks factory, and the cgr-30 just sends it over the top...

Post Thanks / Like

Paint makes a difference, for that matter so does the skylight, make sure you add little silver after you rejuvenate the base layer. I wet sanded the whole enchilada, but I wet sand every thing any way.... It's an illness.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Default Modernizing the Pacer?

Quote Originally Posted by rsrguy3 View Post
    Mmoyle has already done this, look it up he did a stunning job it looks factory, and the cgr-30 just sends it over the top...
    Thanks....on the ADSB out.....Stratus does offer an ADSB out transponder...if I decide to install ADSB out will be using a remote mount ADSB unit tied into the Scandia mode C transponder.

To mount or install the six pack centered over the yoke shaft...there isn’t enough room for a 3-1/8” round instrument in the upper left side of the stock instrument panel due to the large radius. The Cub Doctor offers a six pack panel with a smaller radius.. (on the top outboard ends/corners of the panel).... but then the Boot cowl doesn’t fit. I don’t know if anyone has installed the modified Cub Doctor panel using the original boot cowl and modified the boot cowl to make it work. Would need to do something similar to the later style boot cowl with the removable cover on top of the panel. Probably need to pull the windshield to do the job...oh....and the full size directional gyro will not fit in the bottom center hole...if I remember correctly. To bad the G5 isn’t a flush mount....the Scandia is flush mount with the same functions as the G5...is double the cost of the Garmin unit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by mmoyle; 12-03-2018 at 06:11 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

X2 on the Garmin flush mount Steve ... I'm having a friend produce a flush mount bracket to mount mine... We'll have to see how well that turns out. Grt, dynon, and the like are all the same, kind of a bummer they think having their equipment loud and proud is what we want, I don't care for it, as I prefer a clean panel with a laser etched overlay.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Modernizing the Pacer?

Quote Originally Posted by rsrguy3 View Post
    X2 on the Garmin flush mount... I'm having a friend produce a flush mount bracket to mount mine... .
    May be more cost effective to fabricate, but I thought there was a flush mount kit available for the Garmin units?

One example source: http://www.chiefaircraft.com/sta-g5-...MaAkqUEALw_wcB

Bryan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ysifly2; 12-03-2018 at 06:23 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Post Thanks / Like

Direct replacement for a rear-mounted "round face" gyro: https://aerovonics.com/av-30

Supposedly available with STC in mid-2019.
    Todd Loes -- Waterloo, IA
    (PA22-150 N3568Z)

Post Thanks / Like

Flush mount does look cleaner but surface mount is easier to work with. You can sit in the seat and do any panel maintenance you want to do. Flush mount has you draped over the seat upside down with your head wedged against the rudder pedals to do maintenance. The older and bigger I get, the more I appreciate ease of maintenance. The best thing I have encountered is easily removable instrument panels. That’s particularly handy for when firewall access is needed, like when changing those 2 vacuum system filters (if equipped) or control system maintenance.

Post Thanks / Like

Working under the instrument panel was.....frigg’n uncomfortable... one chunk of 3/8” thick plywood 16” wide by four feet and a couple legs on one end and a sponge floor mat later...easy peasy..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like

I use same as MMoyle, but being a bitt older and heftier, can't say it's a comfortable piece of cake.
    "Progress is our most important problem"