Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Currently in the market for a 22/20 and wondering about refresher training

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Currently in the market for a 22/20 and wondering about refresher training

I think it helps more starting out aND gEttinger a feel for it. When I was teaching my brother to fly the Cub he was all over the place till we got rid of the work boots and he started keeping a pair of tennis shoes in his truck.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Currently in the market for a 22/20 and wondering about refresher training

Honestly I never thought too much about footwear, but when I was regularly flying a Citabria, I guess I did wear pretty lightweight shoes. Being in the mil means I fly with fairly heavy boots as it is now, so I have forgotten what its like to fly in jeans and casual shoes.

Post Thanks / Like

I started flying my Pacer in socks, and then bought some minimalist running shoes to fly in. I have since gotten comfortable enough to move into normal shoes.

It wasn’t even a conscious decision, one day I looked down at my feet and realized I was flying in my boots, haha.

I fly in boots for work, but there’s more space vertically under those panels to slide my feet up and down, and much less chance of ground looping.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pierce View Post
    I think it helps more starting out aND gEttinger a feel for it. When I was teaching my brother to fly the Cub he was all over the place till we got rid of the work boots and he started keeping a pair of tennis shoes in his truck.
    No question, the Cub requires ballet slippers because of that instructor guy in the front...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Currently in the market for a 22/20 and wondering about refresher training

Quote Originally Posted by CamTom12 View Post
    I started flying my Pacer in socks, and then bought some minimalist running shoes to fly in. I have since gotten comfortable enough to move into normal shoes.

It wasn’t even a conscious decision, one day I looked down at my feet and realized I was flying in my boots, haha.

I fly in boots for work, but there’s more space vertically under those panels to slide my feet up and down, and much less chance of ground looping.
    Exactly what I did. Socks first... during the first ten or so hours I had to concentrate on not applying to much pressure to the rudder pedals. With just sock on, the small diameter of the rudder pedal reminded me real quick. Fly with snow boots now... although now I’m flying a PA22/20 with the Williams conversion.

Working on a wing crate today to ship wings from Anchorage to Platinum via Ryan Air Cargo..Marv hauled up a stock set of wings.. some day the wings I’ve built will be legal...