Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Wing STC

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Wing STC

I see where drawing 10572 is the longeron splice on a PA18 and that drawing shows tubes 22102-2 and -3 joining at that splice. 22102-2 is 4130 and -3 is 1025. Now that I think about it it seems like I remember this from way back when. Nothing like a little investigative work to get one going in the morning.

Post Thanks / Like

I learned this when doing the research on the weight increase for the - 12. The funny thing is how much stronger the fuse is when just the longs are r&r'd and yet a ton more bracing has to go in for the stc any way, so in addition to all the other stuff it's getting all 4130 longs. Where should I look for - 12 drawings.
    Last edited by rsrguy3; 10-12-2016 at 09:41 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm also very interested in copy's please

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rsrguy3 View Post
    I learned this when doing the research on the weight increase for the - 12. The funny thing is how much stronger the fuse is when just the longs are r&r'd and yet a ton more bracing has to go in for the stc any way, so in addition to all the other stuff it's getting all 4130 longs. Where should I look for - 12 drawings.
    I have 3 drawings for the -12 fuselage if that's what you are looking for............... Cant make out drawing numbers but details are good. One is the assembly, one is the joint details & one is the panel. I have most everything saved as .pdf files but not these. Would have to be copied and they about 6 feet long.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Aero View Post
    I have 3 drawings for the -12 fuselage if that's what you are looking for............... Cant make out drawing numbers but details are good. One is the assembly, one is the joint details & one is the panel. I have most everything saved as .pdf files but not these. Would have to be copied and they about 6 feet long.
    I too, would like to have a copy of the wing STC. There is nothing wrong with a Pacer that a few more feet of wing won't fix. How about the Supercub on Pacer tailfeather STC ?

Thanks,
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone did the aileron flap mod? Would it be worth the effort on an experimental?

Post Thanks / Like

If you extend the wings like in a Ferguson wingtip I think it would be worth moving the aileron out to the end of the wing and then fill in the gap with more flap I think it would be great . That's what I want to do with my Pacer but we're having problems finding paperwork to do it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dbudd View Post
    If you extend the wings like in a Ferguson wingtip I think it would be worth moving the aileron out to the end of the wing and then fill in the gap with more flap I think it would be great . That's what I want to do with my Pacer but we're having problems finding paperwork to do it
    I have copies of several 337s where this has been done, like Eddie Trimmers ........who has STC applied for. Local feds told me while here doing last field approval...... "dont waste your time".......... so I'm doing it on an experimental.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dbudd View Post
    There are no STC's for this modification. In the past, a few people got field approval. In my 5 year effort get an stc the FAA rejected field approval as data, saying that the each of the modifications were too different. SC data is also worthless mainly because of the different Vne. It would take a full engineering analysis and wing load testing. And, someone willing to spend lots of money. This modification will increase loads to the wing as will as to the aileron and flaps. . The Bushmaster wing has some impressive wing strengthening changes that could be incorporated.
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    The Ferguson STC is a very good modification, similar to most of the current wing tip mods available currently, but is no longer available. I changed the old wooden wing tip rib to a stamped metal rib on my plane. The drooped tip is as effective as the Horner tips. You can add 4 inches to the inboard flap using the X Winds STC. I am not sure what you want to field approve. Control system mods are very difficult to field approve.
    Which stamped metal rib works best with a squared off wing tip extension? Would a butt rib? Or is there a full length rib?
    Thank you in advance.