Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: power to panel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: power to panel

Well,

It must have been rewired or modified someway. It should have two fuses in the starter box and the master switch should have an up on position and a down on position middle off. That way if one fuse blows you can go to the other. The early Pacer only had a one position switch.. Sounds like your problem is the wire going to the main bus from the battery.
    Jim

Hot it was 105 in my hangar today while I as wiring up my new panel

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

All of the PA16 and 20s I have worked on had the two fuses and 2 position switch. Usually the problem is corrosion at the fuse block.

Post Thanks / Like

Yea mine also had the two fuses and the center off position.

This is from an early POA "The master switch is located under front edge of left seat. The master switch in the "down" position is off and when switched "up "is on".
    Another thing I found interesting. Both the 125 and 135 Pacer had the 125HP O-290-D, but the 135 Pacer had the Aeromatic with altitude control prop. Both are rated at 135HP at 2800RPM They also state that not all operations limitation are yet available for the 135 Pacer. Min. Oct. is 73.
    Anyway this are probably old facts. Still learning about these old Pacers.
    Jim