Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Info on a Pacer for sale

Post Thanks / Like

Default Info on a Pacer for sale

I've got a friend interrested in a Pacer for sale up in Gillette, Wy. It's listed on Barnstormers, N2950Z. It looks nice in the add; anyone know anything about this aircraft?
    Thanks.
    Marty57

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Info on a Pacer for sale

I like the color. No panel or radio info. SB 819? Brakes?
    Pretty light on facts in the ad.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Marty, has your friend read this?
    http://www.shortwingpipers.org/forum...ase-Inspection

Post Thanks / Like

Steve,
    Good post on buying a Short Wing; I'll pass it on. I think he has found a good candidate and has a trusted IA who is very knowledgeable and experienced in type taking a look at it for him. I made sure he was aware of the SB on the door sheet metal and the one he is interested ha had the SB complied with during recient re-cover. The one he is looking at has an O290 and he is aware of the issues with that engine and the price of the plane reflects that engine. That said, I visited Lycon a couple weeks ago and they have crates of pickled new O290's sitting on a shelf that they got in a parts buy from Greece. They weren't two concerned about parts or rebuilding an O290. They are a busy shop so they need a lot of lead time so one can't be in a hurry. That's why I have two O290D2's but that's a different story.
    Thanks,
    Marty