Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wheel & Brake STC for Bushwheels

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wheel & Brake STC for Bushwheels

Hello all,

I am brand new to the forum and have found a great amount of information already. I recently purchased a 22/20 that came with 8.00's on it. The tires are about shot and I am looking to upgrade to either 29" or 31" ABWs. I have done a fair amount of searching within the forum and I cannot find an answer to my question. My airplane has Cleveland 40-75E wheels and 30-52H brakes. The STC for the ABW's states that it needs to have heavy duty brakes installed. The kit that they sell is the Cleveland 199-62 which has 40-75D wheels and 30-52N brakes.

My question is, does anybody know the difference between 40-75E/D wheels and 30-52H/N brakes? And does my current configuration comply with the STC? Thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Wheel & Brake STC for Bushwheels

You should be fine. You can always call Bushwheels and ask. The wording in the STC allows for a lot of leeway.
    DENNY

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum 28D. My 22/20 is 26D by the way. I will let the bushwheel experts answer your questions on Brake STC's but if you get down to the cords and desperate for tires I could offer up a pair of 800x6 4 ply Air Hawks with lots of tread left, and get you back flying.
    Brian in So Cal
    Last edited by Brian; 08-08-2017 at 11:36 PM.
    Brian
    Monrovia, CA

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I would call Airframes/Bushwheels, they can tell you the difference in the dash number. Should be pretty much the same just a latter version.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by two8delta View Post
    Hello all,

I am brand new to the forum and have found a great amount of information already. I recently purchased a 22/20 that came with 8.00's on it. The tires are about shot and I am looking to upgrade to either 29" or 31" ABWs. I have done a fair amount of searching within the forum and I cannot find an answer to my question. My airplane has Cleveland 40-75E wheels and 30-52H brakes. The STC for the ABW's states that it needs to have heavy duty brakes installed. The kit that they sell is the Cleveland 199-62 which has 40-75D wheels and 30-52N brakes.

My question is, does anybody know the difference between 40-75E/D wheels and 30-52H/N brakes? And does my current configuration comply with the STC? Thanks in advance!
    Some slight differences, but not much... Different disk numbers and cylinder assemblies.

I will break it down by model...

The -75E brake disk is P/N 164-03501 with standard washers
    The -75D brake disk is P/N 164-03601 with light washers

The -52H cylinder assembly is P/N 091-02101
    The -52N cylinder assembly is P/N 091-02100

More than likely it is the difference between a chrome disk and a steel disk... They do not tell you that in my book, just P/N break down by model.
    This is from my Aviall catalog that has just about everything in it.

Brian.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, thank you guys so much for all the quick replies! I really appreciate the help, and look forward to talking with you guys in the future. I talked to ABI yesterday and it looks like the combo I have will work just fine. I will post some pics when I get the tires on!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

For some reason your picture is not showing up.

Post Thanks / Like

IMG_6985.jpg

Im not sure if this worked but here she is with her new shoes on! Really liking them so far!

Post Thanks / Like

Plane looks great! What stol kit does it have?