Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible new project!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Possible new project!

Quote Originally Posted by Jmarlay13 View Post
    I have a 50 pacer pa20 that I'd sell its complete minus engine and prop. Had a strike years ago but it's all there. Lots of good parts on her.
    I’ll keep that in mind! Where are you located?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I would fly what you got. When you start mofifying it tends to snowball. I thought you were gonna modify a standard wing. Droop tips work. A friend tufted both a tip bowed wing and a droop tipped wing and took a lot of video. The air at the end of the wing goes outboard on the tip bowed wing and along the cord on the droop tipped wing in slow flight.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wbaad View Post
    as another question, does anybody have a pa-20 parts catalog and flight manual/maintenance manual copy? I have some but are PA-22...
    The digital catalog for Piper PA-20 Pacer is now online. You can search for parts directly from the catalog, print illustrations for reference, and download the entire manual in PDF format for off-line viewing. http://www.univair.com/content/partc...book/20pm.html. It also includes the PA-22 in the same document.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the info.
    anybody know where to get the original build info/equipment/paint? curious about the colour scheme for Pacers in 1950.

also has anybody ever added the right rear baggage door to the early machines? was it an option?
    Last edited by wbaad; 02-17-2018 at 10:31 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

You can contact Clyde Smith for an original build report. The correct colors and scheme are in Piper Service Letter 303A. The colors are all Randolph. Sportsman beige and hickory brown for the interior. Standard was Tucson cream with green stripe. Optional colors were Miami blue, Sacramento green, Boston maroon, with Tucson cream stripe. The "115" was Lock haven yellow with Boston Maroon stripe.

optional equipment is listed in owners handbook

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The parts manual has the colors by year. You can get the original build sheet for your airplane from Clyde Smith. http://www.cubdoctor.com/miscellaneous-items/

The early fuselages is different in the baggage area. I have seen a small baggage door installed but not worth the effort in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Did the deal yesterday and I’m the owner of a 1950 pacer! Trying to remove the stab I did have to cut the rear pivot tube... it was stuck! Heat, penetrating oil and twisting wasn’t doing it. but not a big deal. Forward ones came right out.
    Also appears to be set up for dual brake pedals from factory with the brackets under the floor and bolt on “dummy” brake pedals on the rudder bar. So hopefully a simple bolt on option. Floor boards are even cut out for them.

i have the paperwork and the droop tips are stc done by Upper valley aviation. Anybody have any knowledge of them?
    aileron mods to make them square are an addition of a piece of tubing riveted on to a rib extension. Not the prettiest and could be done better, but don’t want to stray from the stc drawings if they even exist anymore...

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Cant wait to see some pics!

Post Thanks / Like

ill have to figure out how and ill get some on here.