Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Check those fuel line

Post Thanks / Like

Default Check those fuel line

Went to fly with one of my students in his ‘57 TriPacer. While doing his preflight, he noticed a fuel drip on the left side of the firewall. After a lot of searching around to find the source, we identified the fuel line that goes from the selector to the gascolator. It seems that it chafed through where it goes through the steel clip welded on the diagonal tube on the aft side of the firewall. Cut the fabric away and removed the line and sure enough, a small V worn into the tube, and a little pinhole. This is where the tube is wrapped with friction tape to act as protection from chafing. There are several other fuel lines that run through these type clips. I’d suggest that any time you recover a fuselage, you inspect these potential failure points carefully and replace any fuel lines that have any wear indicated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Check those fuel line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Check those fuel line

Made up the new fuel line this past weekend. I’ll install it on Sunday. Then I need to patch the interior fabric.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk