Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Need to replace TX760D

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need to replace TX760D

Believe it or not the ol terra is acting up and the dials are getting wonky. Might chance the channel one number or 10 and have to slowly rotate back and forth to get the freq you want. Anyone know of a radio the same size that I could drop in the panel or am I looking at needing a bigger hole in the panel?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Need to replace TX760D

A replacement, working, TX760D?. A quick Google search showed some avionics shops have them available:
    https://www.bennettavionics.com/tx-7...mm-transceiver

Trig TY91 radios are very good and reliable but you will need a new loom and somewhere to mount the "electronics" box.
    TonyN

Post Thanks / Like

Most things I have read about the 760 say toss it out and get a better radio. I will look into the trig. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I have also heard good things about the Trig. If you (an the person signing off the installation) can deal with a non-TSO'd radio, I can recommend the Garmin GTR 200. I have one in my Wag and also had one in my previous airplane. It should be about the same height as the Terra, but it's a full 6.25" rack width. If you have a Garmin handheld GPS, you can transfer frequencies directly to the com over an RS232 connection (2 wires). The GTR 200 also has an excellent intercom if you want to get rid of another box.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 6PapaWhiskey View Post
    I have also heard good things about the Trig. If you (an the person signing off the installation) can deal with a non-TSO'd radio, I can recommend the Garmin GTR 200. I have one in my Wag and also had one in my previous airplane. It should be about the same height as the Terra, but it's a full 6.25" rack width. If you have a Garmin handheld GPS, you can transfer frequencies directly to the com over an RS232 connection (2 wires). The GTR 200 also has an excellent intercom if you want to get rid of another box.
    Since I am filling my panel up with other garmin stuff I may as well go that route and just update the whole panel. Spruce is gonna love me today!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by akflyer View Post
    Since I am filling my panel up with other garmin stuff I may as well go that route and just update the whole panel. Spruce is gonna love me today!
    Before you go with Spruce, you might give John Stark at Stark Avionics (http://www.starkavionics.com) a call or email. His prices are about the best around. The only catch is he doesn't take credit cards as his margins are pretty thin. I have been purchasing radios from him for years. Good guy, former Marine (no such thing as an x-Marine )

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You can import the frequencies on the Trig as well. I am a Trig dealer and have installed quite a few. I installed one in my Super Cub last winter and really like it. The built in 2 place intercom works great and monitoring a second frequency is nice as well.