Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Porter Gear

Post Thanks / Like

Default Porter Gear

I was scrolling through my YouTube recommendations, and there was a picture of an experimental pacer on its back, but what caught my eye was the porter style gear it had. Does anyone know what kind of modifications need to be added to the fuselage for a system like that?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Porter Gear

Was that Trent Palmer’s video? Silver pacer? If so it’s owned by tobe smith. He is on Facebook. I don’t remember exactly what all he beefed up, but it was a lot. Sweet bird for sure

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, it was Palmer's video. I wasn't going to watch it, until I saw the pacer pic. It is a good looking bird, for sure. I'm not on FB much, but maybe I'll log on and try to find him to see if he can send me more info on it.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes That's Tobe Smith and his highly modified Pacer in Trent's video. The landing gear is his design and construction.

Post Thanks / Like

Some people just need to learn the difference between a fixed wing plane and a helicopter. The ultimate "landing gear" for a fixed wing plane may ultimately be an electric vertical thrust e-vtol motor/rotor system integrated into/on the wings of a Pacer/Cub/etc. In the mean time, fixed wings will get bigger tires, bigger wings and things, and work toward lighter weight, but will still be cursed by the horizontal component of velocity at touch-down that forces them try to roll over something they should not...my2c.