Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tri-Pacer turns 70

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tri-Pacer turns 70

Hey everyone,

2021 is going to be a good year! We got the green light for the 2021 convention in Lock Haven, PA starting June 21 running through June 25. This will be a great Convention and if you haven't registered yet, get signed up! Even though this is the 70th anniversary of the PA-22, we are also celebrating the PA-20 because we didn't have a convention last year. We want all of the Short Wing Pipers to show up and make this a convention to remember for years to come.

It doesn't stop there, in July we are going to Oshkosh and again we are getting treated very well and want a great turnout! We have been given 50 parking spots all in a group just for our Short Wing Pipers. We will be staging in Baraboo WI (KDLL) prior to our arrival at (KOSH). We will start arriving at KDLL on July 21, brief on Friday evening July 23 and depart for KOSH on the morning of July 24! To make it even better we have reserved the Tall Pines shelter for a Sunday evening get together.

I will up date this when more information is available, but please let me know if you are planning to attend, so I can get a head count for attendance.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Tri-Pacer turns 70

Steve, thank you for organizing these events. I’m planning to be at both events. The convention is a strong maybe, but OSH is a positive go.

Juergen
    Pacer N3342Z

Post Thanks / Like

Can we park in the reserved spaces if we arrive separately? I plan to attend but not with the group arrival.

Post Thanks / Like

I plan to be there! Join everyone at Baraboo Thurs or Fri. It'd be nice to meet some of you ugly mugs Lets hope the weather is favorable.
    Last edited by J Ryd; 04-30-2021 at 10:18 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

If you are coming all the way to Wisconsin you have to go to a Supper Club. Just north of Baraboo is one of the best in WI, Ishnala Supper Club. https://www.ishnala.com/

Its located inside of a WI State park on Mirror lake (seaplane restricted). Just minutes away from the Dells, Lake Delton, and Baraboo area.

You can also camp at the park as well as rent kayaks or canoes.

Todd
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Driftless Glenn, distillery and restaurant in Baraboo, on the river next to the Ringling brothers circus world museum..

Tumbled Rock, brewery, near Devils Lake, Baraboo
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Got my tickets for Oshkosh but won't be able to stop at Baraboo. Hope to see some of you guys and your planes there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vagabondblues View Post
    Driftless Glenn, distillery and restaurant in Baraboo, on the river next to the Ringling brothers circus world museum..

Tumbled Rock, brewery, near Devils Lake, Baraboo
    There's also Al Ringling Brewery in Baraboo, WI. I am a beer snob, definitely want to check it out one day!

Post Thanks / Like

I’d love to be part of this, but I don’t have my medical certificate yet so I’m stuck at pre-solo.... Just an FYI the Tailwind folks are having a get together at Baraboo the weekend before Airventure as well....

-Alana

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tailwind_Fan View Post
    I’d love to be part of this, but I don’t have my medical certificate yet so I’m stuck at pre-solo.... Just an FYI the Tailwind folks are having a get together at Baraboo the weekend before Airventure as well....

-Alana
    You can still be part of the celebration. You are welcome to visit Baraboo and see short wings and tailwinds, then join in at Oshkosh. The planes only get us there, its about the journey and the people that make it great! Come out and meet everyone and put a face with the screen names.

Steve