Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Clock overhaul

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Clock repair

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerfgoe View Post
    I find that if you wind it until you can't wind anymore, it's likely to not work until you create some vibration (like go flying.)
    I wind mine until I think it's close to the end and then stop....works for me!
    The first time I wound it I just gave it a few turns to see if it worked . Then I went back after flying to check something and heard the ticking. I wound it up all the way and set the time and was going to see how well it worked but it stoped. I tapped on it a little but it was making the altimeter jump around a bit so I stoped..

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Clock overhaul

I merged your thread with that old thread on clock repair. I do that so that you don't have to search multiple threads to find the needed information. Feel free to add to old threads on the same subject to help keep all relative information together. I have remembered seeing certain information on a subject and then searched and read multiple threads on the same subject to find that info so that is why I like to merge threads on the same subject. There is also a "Cloud Tag" at the bottom of the page where you can add tag words to help you find a thread at a later date.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like around $175 for a rebuild from AQI. May do it or get a better one. I'd like to stay wind up but maybe with time bugs.Airspeed indicator needs service anyway might just do both..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flyjeep View Post
    Looks like around $175 for a rebuild from AQI. May do it or get a better one. I'd like to stay wind up but maybe with time bugs.Airspeed indicator needs service anyway might just do both..
    I drive by the Oshkosh clock shop mentioned above every time I go to the airport - very near Wittman. Didn’t know they repaired 7 day wind-up aircraft clocks. They have a very good reputation, and to my dismay, were able to repair the in-op chime (gong) on my wife’s fancy Howard-Miller wind-up mantle clock. So happy when she eventually stopped winding-up that noisy bugger...

Sent from my iPhone using ShortWingPipers.Org mobile app