Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New guy

Post Thanks / Like

Default New guy

Hello to everyone on shortwingpipers. Been on the forum from time to time over last year or so, but figured I should say hello. Getting a new to me 1957 PA-22 within next couple weeks. I am a new private pilot as of this summer and looking forward to putting some time in this plane. Mechanic said looks good so getting fresh annual then hoping to pick it up next week. Cant seem to find a better plane for building time in with my wife and two young kids.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: New guy

Hey Roger....welcome onboard. It'll be the best time of your life, new licence, new plane, the landscape is your oyster.....Priceless

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Congrats and welcome aboard.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Rodger,
    You've made a good choice in airplanes. Your going to have lots of question. This is good site, join us.
    Where are you going to be flying the fine Piper?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. I live just outside Bangor, Maine. Not sure exactly where plane will be based out of small airport 20 minutes north of my house, but also nice little grass strip 10-15 minutes away as well. Just got word from previous owner on the annual that few things are getting replaced, biggest of which was new landing gear bungees.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Roger, Congrats on your new to u bird! I bought my first one at age 18 with borrowed money from my Dad and never looked back. Have fun and enjoy! Moe

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My old Pacer N2814Z is in your neck of the woods.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Paradise View Post
    Hello to everyone on shortwingpipers. Been on the forum from time to time over last year or so, but figured I should say hello. Getting a new to me 1957 PA-22 within next couple weeks. I am a new private pilot as of this summer and looking forward to putting some time in this plane. Mechanic said looks good so getting fresh annual then hoping to pick it up next week. Cant seem to find a better plane for building time in with my wife and two young kids.
    Welcome aboard, Roger, and congrats on getting your license. The guys on this forum (excluding myself) have forgotten more about our airplanes than I'll ever know.

Fly safe!
    Jim Kirkendall "Knowledge is good."

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, Roger, make sure to keep us informed on the status of the purchase. I sent you a private message, as well.
    Jim Kirkendall "Knowledge is good."

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Roger, Nothing like the excitement of an airplane purchase. Once you get comfortable in it you'll find its a straight forward airplane with no real surprises. Go places in it. Fly in every season. Visit with and fly with other people that own these airplanes. Take lots of pictures of everything you do. They'll all be adventures of one kind or another. Be safe and go out and have fun!