PDA

View Full Version : Oshkosh 2015

JrBirdman
06-15-2015, 12:00 PM
Hello Friends,

Anyone planning a gathering at Oshkosh this year? Group arrival, Parking, who's where type info?

Thx, REID MURPHY

tloes
06-15-2015, 12:30 PM
It's pretty hard to camp together unless you arrive together. And of course the "coveted area" (along the tree line) within the Vintage Camping fills several days before the gates open. It would be fun to try for a "shortwing year" whereby a section is set aside for the first "XY" shortwings. Last year Commanche's had a big reserved area and I think I remember C170s having a reserved area too (not sure if that was last year).

grbamford
06-16-2015, 07:28 AM
I think a group camping area is a great idea. I'm headed to Alaska with my son for three weeks (buddy is moving from Kodiak to Sacrament and we are driving the ALCAN from Anchorage) so I am out for this year. I'd love to see how many people we could get to Oshkosh in '16 for something like this. Juergen has done a great job getting a few Shortwings together in the Virginia area but a larger gather would be great.

Greg

Quietwater
06-17-2015, 10:38 AM
Quite a number of shortwings have parked together the last few years. Even have a couple of wooden picnic benches among the group. There are pictures on the Short Wing Facebook site.

Jim Hann
06-17-2015, 02:01 PM
I know that someone organized the group parking, some folks had to prepay to reserve their spots. Anybody willing to step forward? I won't know my schedule until July 11th and I don't have vacation so I'm probably not going to make it up.

Jim

Jim Hann
07-06-2015, 09:03 AM
I have my schedule. Drumroll please...

I'm off the entire week of Oshkosh! I get home on Friday morning, so probably head up Saturday or Sunday, with either the Pacer or the camper depending on getting the last few bugs worked out. Is anybody else heading up around that time, I'm in the STL area.

Pacer42Z
07-08-2015, 07:17 AM
I am planning to be there on Saturday the 18th. I have to return no later than Wednesday the 22nd though. Will be in the VAC area.

Juergen
Pacer N3342Z

Steve Pierce
07-09-2015, 06:30 AM
We are in a mad dash to get an airplane rebuild done so we can make it. Should be camped with several other Short Wings in the VAC area by Don Bartlett's rose colored Tri-Pacer.

Jim Hann
07-09-2015, 02:07 PM
Is anybody coordinating trying to park together? I'd like to touch base with them.

Thanks!

Little_Cub
07-16-2015, 04:26 PM
This may help with your Oshkosh STOL viewing plans (not official)

OSHKOSH Air Ventures 2015 - STOL FLYING ACTIVITIES

MONDAY GROUP_1.........5:30 PM..... MAIN RUNWAY
TUESDAY GROUP_2....... 5:30 PM..... MAIN RUNWAY
WEDNESDAY FUN_FLY . 11-NOON.... ULTRALIGHT FIELD
THURSDAY FINALS ....... 5:42 PM..... MAIN RUNWAY
FRIDAY FUN_FLY ........ ~6:15-8PM... ULTRALIGHT FIELD

Steve Pierce
07-16-2015, 04:50 PM
Thanks Frank. Loved the STOL activities last year especially the "Fun Fly" at the ultralight field on Friday night.

Jim Hann
07-20-2015, 05:02 AM
Hey folks. I was able to come up Friday, survived the storm. Row 77 of Vintage Camping right on the burn line. Great airshow view. Should be here all week. 8806

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wyandot jim
07-20-2015, 02:45 PM
Hey Jim, Son and Grandson made it there in the Baron after picking up a friend at Popular Grove IL. on Sat. The friend delivered a Stearman there. The new owner also has a Stearman Speed Mail. Son is parked in the Vintage section and volunteering at the Warbird area.
I was told I had to stay home and work on the Pacer. It was 105 in the Hangar yesterday. :-(
I will have Son take a look at your Pacer for me.
This is the Baron.

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk67/wyandotjim/Airplanes/Image035.jpg (http://s277.photobucket.com/user/wyandotjim/media/Airplanes/Image035.jpg.html)

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk67/wyandotjim/Airplanes/Image026.jpg (http://s277.photobucket.com/user/wyandotjim/media/Airplanes/Image026.jpg.html)

Jim Hann
07-22-2015, 10:33 PM
I'm sorry folks. I had to leave Oshkosh this morning and fly up to ND. We are in the midst of a lot of legal issues with my mother in law. I'm really bummed that I didn't get to see more folks beyond Tom, Amber & Tim, Paul, Jürgen, Justin, Zac, and his Dad, Gilbert, Speedy, Chris, and of course Steve & Lee.

I did end up parked next to a friend's airplane in GFK.

Hopefully I can make it to Steve's seminar in February or Sun N Fun.

Enjoy the rest of the show.

Pacer42Z
07-23-2015, 12:26 PM
Jim, it was nice meeting you and some of the other guys. I also flew back yesterday (Wednesday). Had a nice tailwind this time. Flying from Winchester (OKV) to Kenosha (ENW) on Sunday into the wind was 6 hours engine start to shut down (502 NM). Wednesday same route took me only 4.4 hours. Hope to see some of you again at Sun & Fun next year.

Juergen
Pacer N3342Z

Steve Pierce
07-27-2015, 06:38 AM
My son Lee and I got back last night. Lots of fun with all the friends we have made here. RobertC won a silver Lindy for the restoration of his long wing Piper PA11. Will post some pictures when I get caught up here.

Bruinpilot
07-27-2015, 05:48 PM
It was nice meeting you and Gilbert and your family up there. Thanks for the tour of the beautiful Clipper!

Jim Hann
07-31-2015, 08:25 AM
I'm still trying to get home. Other than two days of 35 knot winds it has been really nice up in North Dakota. Hopefully make it home tomorrow.

Jim