PDA

View Full Version : Copperstate fly in-Casa Grande AZ

Rik
09-21-2015, 07:58 PM
The fly in is 22-24 of October. They are advertising a short wing forum. Is it worth a 5 hour flight?

Brian
09-23-2015, 11:52 PM
Rik I have been to the Copperstate EAA Regional Flyin a few times in the past although not in recent years. The event was held at Williams Gateway early on and moved to Casa Grand about 10 years ago. It appears that EAA is not involved in this years flyin, so not sure how that will affect the attendance and overall event experience.

It should take no you no more than 3 1/2 hours based on my experience and I always made it there non stop. The WX this time of year is perfect for flying across that route and should be confortable there on the grounds as well.

smcnutt
09-24-2015, 12:39 PM
Sorry but when I hear Casa Grande I can't help but think of this.....

https://youtu.be/it_JuaiJ0WM

SuperPacer
09-24-2015, 04:51 PM
I plan to go this year, haven't been in the past, but now it is just over an hour flight south of Cottonwood. Have to transit around / under the Phoenix Class B, no big deal!! There should be a number of Short Wings attending from Arizona and New Mexico / Colorado (SWPC Folks). Hope to see some SWPO folks there as well,
Enjoy the day,

John

Steve Pierce
09-25-2015, 06:56 AM
Went to the antique fly in there years ago. Was fun because lots of the west coast airplanes you never get to see if you live in our part of the world were there.

Pacerfgoe
10-10-2015, 03:38 PM
I plan to go this year, haven't been in the past, but now it is just over an hour flight south of Cottonwood. Have to transit around / under the Phoenix Class B, no big deal!! There should be a number of Short Wings attending from Arizona and New Mexico / Colorado (SWPC Folks). Hope to see some SWPO folks there as well,
Enjoy the day,

John

What day you going to be there John, I'm in town and might go as well :)

SuperPacer
10-10-2015, 05:14 PM
Hi Forest,
Looks like we will fly down on Friday the 22 of Oct and stay till Sunday morning the 24th. Hoe to see you there, give me a call when you get into Arizona!!
www.copperstate.org
Enjoy the day,
John
Arizona Pacer