PDA

View Full Version : How many logging in via facebook connect?

sj
04-17-2017, 11:58 AM
Is anyone still using the login with facebook feature here on shortwingpipers.org?

sj

Jim
04-17-2017, 12:14 PM
Hi,

I refrain from ever logging into FB from outside. Never know for sure if the site can save my login info for some not so good reason.

Old3pacer
04-17-2017, 01:13 PM
Not me.
Not a fan of FB

AL

andya
04-17-2017, 01:50 PM
No I , try to stay away from Facebook except to check my restoration progress

Gilbert Pierce
04-17-2017, 06:32 PM
Too old for Facebook.

gliderman
04-17-2017, 06:49 PM
I avoid face book like a bad smell

sj
04-18-2017, 09:10 AM
Ok, we now know who is NOT using it :-)

sj

piperrocks2013
04-18-2017, 09:58 AM
I avoid face book like a bad smell

Not sure why you guys are so scared of Facebook. My experience has been quite the opposite and have met some of the most interesting pilots and engineers. The best part they actually have a name :new_Eyecrazy:. Not piperrocks2013 :icon_wink:.

Jared

Gilbert Pierce
04-18-2017, 11:40 AM
I am not scared of it. Just have no use for it. Don't care what every one is doing every minute of the day and don't a have need to post my daily activities.
To me it is a waste of time.

wyandot jim
04-18-2017, 01:46 PM
No I do not use FB to log on.

Now Gilbert FB can be pretty cool. No I'm not a member BUT Son has some pretty cool airplane stuff on his FB. Take a look you might enjoy. It isn't about him but others.:-) You ole Seadog ya might even see a boat with a flat top that you recognize.

https://www.facebook.com/trey.hayden.94?fref=hovercard

It is also a pretty good Business Tool

https://www.facebook.com/texanwarbirdadventures/

piperrocks2013
04-18-2017, 02:32 PM
I am not scared of it. Just have no use for it. Don't care what every one is doing every minute of the day and don't a have need to post my daily activities.
To me it is a waste of time.

Gilbert you don't have to post anything on it if you don't want to. The people that post everything they do every minute have some serious social issues. But seriously it's a great tool, Easier to post pictures or videos of your flying or whatever you choose if you choose to. Some of us do live feed video where your audiences will be able to watch what your filming in real time. This has been cool on the Back Coontry Big Tire page as some guys from Alaska have been filming real live video from there phone while flying. Again it's free (except for any data charges your phone may encounter if using data). It's been great to do private live video chat to another engineer to see issue in real time and help me troubleshoot it. They have everything from. Cessna Piper, Model Ford A to ham radio. As for privacy concerns, you set your settings to who can see you. Besides anything you do on the net is not secure. I know I'm in IT communication networking.

Jared

Gilbert Pierce
04-18-2017, 02:41 PM
For one thing it is not user friendly and intuitive. I have been around computers starting with analog and the early digital. I can find my way around most technology with no problem. I picked up an iPad and an iPhone and started using it with no problem. I have written programs in Basic and Fortran IV
FB is another story. Seems convoluted to me.

andya
04-18-2017, 03:56 PM
For one thing it is not user friendly and intuitive. I have been around computers starting with analog and the early digital. I can find my way around most technology with no problem. I picked up an iPad and an iPhone and started using it with no problem. I have written programs in Basic and Fortran IV

I side with Gilbert "Seems convoluted to me" and not intuitive. And yes, like Gilbert handle the other new technology, programmed basic, C and machine language in the early days.

Pacerfgoe
04-18-2017, 06:01 PM
I waste enough time on the computer.....I think my wife would pull out the shotgun if I was wasting even more time on facebook, so no I'm not using it or anything else except the bookmark in my device.

Steve Pierce
04-19-2017, 06:35 AM

Lee can teach you. ;)

piperrocks2013
04-19-2017, 11:39 AM
Lee can teach you. ;)

I tried Gilbert... If we ever meet all be willing to sit down over a drink of your choice and all teach you the new generation of Facebook. :D

Steve Pierce
04-19-2017, 11:48 AM
It would take a good cup of strong coffee.

piperrocks2013
04-19-2017, 11:51 AM
It would take a good cup of strong coffee.

Just heading home from visiting Don Whitehair up in Stevensville. Next trip have to be in your area Steve ??

Steve Pierce
04-19-2017, 12:17 PM
Your fellow Canadian Harold Kroger is here now. Better hurry, it will be hotter than hell soon.

flynfish
04-20-2017, 12:27 PM
No. I try to keep all my accounts separate. Folks like FB like to keep track of such links for marketing purposes so I give them the least info possible.