PDA

View Full Version : Visitors

Steve Pierce
05-04-2017, 02:22 PM
Harold Kroeker came down from Canada a few weeks ago. He was tired of the cold, bummed there was no seminar, wife was tired of him or maybe he just wanted to fix his Clipper gear. 8) He made use of our newly installed RV hook up and took up residence.

We got out the Clipper gear jigs, showed him the AC43.13 and what little I know and he got to cutting and fitting tubing.
That weekend Tom and his buddy showed up with his Clipper fuselage with a wing attach issue. Harold used his new found knowledge to assist them in fitting their fuselage to the jig and when all was done we hung some wings to verify all was correct.

Steve Pierce
05-04-2017, 02:30 PM
He helped me weigh the Super Cub I just finished recovering and of course we had to test fly it.

And then we had to run over to Breckenridge, TX to Ezell's to have the transponder certified. Could help but get a picture with the two Corsairs, Mustang and F86 Saber while they were rearranging the hanger.

Then the Bell 47 showed up and he helped disassemble for a weld repair.

Steve Pierce
05-04-2017, 02:48 PM
Then Chris and Tony show up with their Super Cub fuselage and Chris agrees to cover Harold's freshly blasted, primed and painted Clipper gear. But before that we have a poorly repaired Pacer that needs some attention.

After watching Clifford work I think he realized how efficient you can get at this stuff when you do it all the time.

All that work meant we had to bar hopping.

In the meantime he fell in love with this old band saw I traded for years ago. He went through it, converted in from 3 phase to single phase, cleaned it up, new blade, guides and belts and even got the work light going. What a sweet piece of machinery. Lucky it wouldn't fit in his trailer.

In the meantime we got his gear legs up through silver and then color before he had to go home.

The whole family and friends enjoyed the visit, lots of things got fixed around the shop, we had a lot of fun and we both learned a lot. Doesn't get much better than that.

smcnutt
05-04-2017, 03:47 PM
Sounds like a great time had by all! I'm jealous.

Old3pacer
05-04-2017, 04:02 PM
Sounds like fun! Good Pics!

Jim
05-04-2017, 05:44 PM
Hi Steve,

Do you have job applications online, I want in on some of that?

Steve Pierce
05-05-2017, 07:09 AM
Hi Steve,

Do you have job applications online, I want in on some of that?

LOL, I saw the pictures of the house you built, no resume needed.

piperrocks2013
05-05-2017, 02:00 PM
LOL, I saw the pictures of the house you built, no resume needed.

Can I put my resume in?? All work for coffee and the odd donet :icon_biggrin: We can have more of debate about fuel tanks and running dry :icon_biggrin:

Jim
05-05-2017, 04:22 PM
....... no resume needed.

Perfect! Now if we can come to terms on how much I have to pay you every week we'll be all set.

Harold
05-05-2017, 05:26 PM
Had a good time. Glad me and Tom made the trip down to repair his Clipper. Now to get to work on my Pacer hope to get it sandblasted soon.

Steve Pierce
05-05-2017, 06:05 PM
Had a good time. Glad me and Tom made the trip down to repair his Clipper. Now to get to work on my Pacer hope to get it sandblasted soon.

Harold, how bad is my memory to forget your name when there were two Harolds. I knew there was a simple way to remember. Sorry about that. :oops: Keep us posted on your progress and Tom's as well.