PDA

View Full Version : Piper Colt, would love to fly in one.

STL CARDINAL FAN
06-06-2017, 10:04 PM
As stated, I simply have a desire to fly in a Piper Colt. I live near Danville, Illinois. Obviously, I would be willing to pay for such a flight. I have no issue with driving to an area, within a couple hours.

I have always liked planes and a dear older friend once owned one and has told me hours of stories of flying. Now, I have the bug to just fly in one....and maybe even more down the road....

Thanks in advance,

Ken West

pa20
06-06-2017, 10:16 PM
Ken,
By any chance, did you ever live/work in Visalia, CA? Common name, I know. But, it is indeed a small world!
Welcome to SWPO. When you finally get your flight, better leave your checkbook at home. You will be wanting a SWP for sure!

STL CARDINAL FAN
06-06-2017, 10:21 PM
Mr. Ohlau,

Thank you for your response. No, I can't say I get out to California much. I think last time was in 1995, had a friend who played for New York Mets....which were playing the Padres.

As for owning a Colt, I already own many Colt's, just not a airplane Colt. I own those guns named Colt. :)

I have already studied the sales ad all over the net, still learning, total novice hear. No license, etc., but a pure love of planes. Just have a goal of flying in a Piper Colt is all.

Thank you,

Kenny

andya
06-07-2017, 09:17 AM
the colt would be a good airplane to learn and get your PPL in. I took my PPL ck ride in a colt after learning to fly in J-3's

Glen Geller
06-07-2017, 11:02 AM
You should also look into flying in a Cessna Cardinal.... seeing as you are a Cardinal Fan.

Good luck and enjoy your Colt ride, all the Shortwing Pipers are a ton of fun.

GG

STL CARDINAL FAN
06-07-2017, 08:43 PM
Thanks for the advice Mr. Geller, might just have to do that :)

I plan on going to Oshkosh this summer if all works out.... heard it is an amazing place.

Bob.shea
06-07-2017, 09:12 PM
I don't have a colt, but I have a Tri pacer up near rockford. If you get up this way let me know

STL CARDINAL FAN
06-07-2017, 09:22 PM
I don't have a colt, but I have a Tri pacer up near rockford. If you get up this way let me know

Mr. Shea, I know Rockford (Qaud City area). I will keep you in mind for sure!

Thank you,

Kenny