PDA

View Full Version : Any one in CT?

CT_Pilot
09-17-2018, 06:47 PM
Just getting back into flying after an 18-year hiatus (licensed in 1997, stopped flying in September 1999 due to kids & career) this past June (2018). A few hours of dual to knock the rust off followed by a BFR and a few checkout rides and I can now rent a 172M (DXR) and a couple of Warriors (4B8 and MMK). Joined a club (becomes official this week) that will get me in an Archer and 172P (shared between 4B8 and MMK) and looking to checkout on a 152 (DXR) soon for something fun to fart about in. Anyone in here with a Tri-Pacer in CT (or close by NY, MA, RI)? I've loved them for years but have never actually seen one up close, let alone flown in one. Have had it in my mind for year that I would love to get one. Be great to get in one to be sure! I'll buy the gas and lunch.

pa20
09-18-2018, 05:21 AM
CT Pilot...
Welcome to SWPO! You have found the best forum for all things SWP! I have just arrived in CT, working out of BDL, and staying in Old Saybrook. Unfortunately, my PA-20 is in CA so I can’t show it to you. However, if you want to meet sometime to talk about why those in the know own SWP’s, I would be happy to do that.
I aM heading back to CA today, but we can set a time when I am back in town.

Steve Pierce
09-18-2018, 06:28 AM
Welcome to Short Wing Pipers.org.

blue44
09-18-2018, 05:50 PM
look forward to meeting both of you Conn. guys, we moved to Cornwall a couple of years ago. The Clipper is based over at Sky Acres due to hangar availability, but you could fly over for breakfast or lunch ( restaurant on the field Thurs. - Sun. ) or whatever would work better for you... Cheers, Donn

CT_Pilot
09-18-2018, 11:51 PM
Sounds good Mark. Definitely let me know what you are back out this way. I could fly down to Chester or Groton to meet up sometime.

CT_Pilot
09-18-2018, 11:53 PM
look forward to meeting both of you Conn. guys, we moved to Cornwall a couple of years ago. The Clipper is based over at Sky Acres due to hangar availability, but you could fly over for breakfast or lunch ( restaurant on the field Thurs. - Sun. ) or whatever would work better for you... Cheers, Donn

Thanks Donn. I've been up to Sky Acres a couple times now. CFI actually had me fly up there at the end of my BFR and bought me breakfast. Maybe I'll fly in sometime soon and meet up, and get a look at your Clipper.

~Drew

CT_Pilot
04-15-2019, 08:06 PM
CT Pilot...
Welcome to SWPO! You have found the best forum for all things SWP! I have just arrived in CT, working out of BDL, and staying in Old Saybrook. Unfortunately, my PA-20 is in CA so I can’t show it to you. However, if you want to meet sometime to talk about why those in the know own SWP’s, I would be happy to do that.
I aM heading back to CA today, but we can set a time when I am back in town.

Hi Mark - you ever get your Pacer out here, or still back in CA? We should meet up some time if you are still out this way. I now fly mostly out of Plainville and Meriden (club has an aircraft at each).

cwaldo.jr
06-15-2019, 09:45 PM
Used to be in the Silver City Flying club for many years. Good group. Probably have a couple hundred hours in their planes. Moved to NH a couple years ago from CT. If you want to visit in NH and see my Tri-Pacer, your more than welcome too. Would love to see one of the club planes again. Perhaps Joe or Mark might want to fly up with you. About an Hour an half flight in One of the club planes.

Chuck

CT_Pilot
08-29-2019, 10:06 PM
Used to be in the Silver City Flying club for many years. Good group. Probably have a couple hundred hours in their planes. Moved to NH a couple years ago from CT. If you want to visit in NH and see my Tri-Pacer, your more than welcome too. Would love to see one of the club planes again. Perhaps Joe or Mark might want to fly up with you. About an Hour an half flight in One of the club planes.

Chuck
What airport are you based at in NH? Doing a fly-in/campout at 2B3 the weekend after this (9/6-9/7) if you can make it out. On-field camping. Doing a movie night on the Friday (likely "Barnstormers") on a big outdoor screen then pancake breakfast and cookout lunch on the Saturday. Right now looks like about 4-5 planes camping out (so far, plenty of room) with a couple others coming out on the Saturday (non-camping types) for the breakfast, lunch, and company. Should be a great time.

walt.buskey
09-01-2019, 05:20 AM
CT_Pilot: And while you're at my home field (2B3) next weekend, stop in the old original hangar and you can see my 22-150 which is s-l-o-w-l-y coming together. Got exhaust all in yesterday, next on to the baffle seals.... and a few other things... I see our guys have now installed solar USB charger posts over in the camping area - neat!

And yes, cwaldo, where are you based in NH?

Walt N4557A

CT_Pilot
09-10-2019, 11:55 PM
CT_Pilot: And while you're at my home field (2B3) next weekend, stop in the old original hangar and you can see my 22-150 which is s-l-o-w-l-y coming together. Got exhaust all in yesterday, next on to the baffle seals.... and a few other things... I see our guys have now installed solar USB charger posts over in the camping area - neat!

And yes, cwaldo, where are you based in NH?

Walt N4557A

It was great to meet you last Friday at 2B3 Walt, and loved getting a look at your Tri-Pacer. Will have to let you know when I am headed up that way again.

walt.buskey
09-11-2019, 07:42 AM
PM sent --