PDA

View Full Version : Fuel gage for Clipper left tank

dgapilot
04-07-2019, 07:44 PM
Looking for the boiler gage that goes in the right tank on the Clipper, same as the early Pacer as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve Pierce
04-08-2019, 06:23 AM
Do you have a tank with the bunge installed? It has to be forward to miss the door. Usually bottoms out with 20 minutes or more in the tank. I wanted to instal Super Cub style sight gauges in mine.

Gilbert Pierce
04-08-2019, 08:10 AM
WagAero has had them in the past.

dgapilot
04-08-2019, 08:36 AM
Steve, it’s for the original left tank, not a retrofit right tank.

Gilbert I’ve seen “Stearman fuel gage” at WagAero, is that the same?

Univair has them, but each individual part, not as an assembly, and when you add it all up it’s getting close to $300. I’m hoping someone that went with TriPacer tanks and electric gages might have the boiler tube from their old tank.

Gilbert Pierce
04-08-2019, 01:16 PM
Here is what I used. Looks identical to my thought to be original Clipper gauge.

https://www.wagaero.com/faa-pma-d-wing-tank-sight-gauge-float-assembly.html

Steve Pierce
04-08-2019, 01:33 PM
Steve, it’s for the original left tank, not a retrofit right tank.

Gilbert I’ve seen “Stearman fuel gage” at WagAero, is that the same?

Univair has them, but each individual part, not as an assembly, and when you add it all up it’s getting close to $300. I’m hoping someone that went with TriPacer tanks and electric gages might have the boiler tube from their old tank.

Ok, yor first post said right tank.

dgapilot
04-08-2019, 01:45 PM
Thanks, hadn't seen that one. On order!

dgapilot
04-08-2019, 01:45 PM
Ok, yor first post said right tank.
Sometimes I can't tell my right from left!

Rick
04-09-2019, 09:05 AM
I have a what I call a "Sight Gage" off a PA-16 fuel tank. As I remember it's in good shape and working when removed to put in later model tanks with electric gauges. The only delay is finding it if your interested. I even have the fuel tank if anyone needs one of those.

Rick
rick@ravenaviation.us

dgapilot
04-09-2019, 10:01 AM
I have a what I call a "Sight Gage" off a PA-16 fuel tank. As I remember it's in good shape and working when removed to put in later model tanks with electric gauges. The only delay is finding it if your interested. I even have the fuel tank if anyone needs one of those.

Rick
rick@ravenaviation.us

Rick, thanks. I ordered the WagAero gage. If you find it, hang on to it, someone will likely need it.