PDA

View Full Version : Black hills fly in

dbudd
08-03-2020, 06:49 PM
Black Hills Flyin September 10-13

The Black Hills flyin is on and scheduled for September 10-11-12-13 at Hot Springs SD (HSR). As in the past there will be fly outs to ranch strips, aerial tours of the Black Hills and the Badlands and a couple new areas this year. Attendees can camp at the airport or get a motel in town. Food- there will be food and ground transportation provided during the event. We haven’t done registration for the last several years, and if you decide to show up last minute that is fine however; If your planning to come, please call or text, so that we can have plenty of food. More details will be coming soon.

Clints cell 605-891-1290. Larry’s cell 605-890-0525

https://www.supercub.org/forum/showpost.php?p=779012

Steve Pierce
08-05-2020, 05:55 AM
I have heard this is a lot of fun. Can only imagine with Larry and Clint involved. Unfortunately the ArkanSTOL event is at Byrds Adventure Center that same weekend and I am committed to that one.

dbudd
08-05-2020, 12:22 PM
Will miss seeing you. We have some new fun places to go. Maybe next year

Sent from my iPhone using ShortWingPipers.Org

dbudd
08-14-2020, 03:20 PM
We’re about 1 month out, time is really flying!
mill try to post some details about a schedule this weekend but we did get shirts designed and they will be available at the event. Clint

dbudd
08-14-2020, 03:22 PM

Sent from my iPhone using ShortWingPipers.Org mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=95463)

dbudd
08-20-2020, 10:47 AM
As promised, here’s a tentative schedule of events for this years flyin.

Thursday night supper with pulled pork sandwiches.

Friday Morning, fly the Cheyenne River and the edge of the badlands to Wall Drug for breakfast. For those of you that have never been there, it’s within walking distance from the airport.

Friday Lunch will be back at Hot Springs.

Friday Supper will be sloppy joes.

Saturday morning, we will have breakfast burritos made up to go so that some of the groups heading north can get an earlier start.

Saturday noon is still tentative, but we are hoping to meet at Hay Springs NE for lunch.

Saturday supper, back at Hot Springs.

We’ve got a lot of new places to go this year, and for those interested in a guided tour, you can sign up for that at the event.

We did get a block of rooms reserved at the Stay USA for a lower price if you mention that your coming for the BHF.
See you all soon
Clint

Gilbert Pierce
08-20-2020, 12:11 PM
Does the mayor of Wall still meet airplanes when they land and welcome you with a small gift?

dbudd
08-20-2020, 12:20 PM
Does the mayor of Wall still meet airplanes when they land and welcome you with a small gift?
That I don’t know. I’ll get back to you in a month

smcnutt
08-20-2020, 03:43 PM

My brother flew into Wall and the mayor lent him his Harley when the 'airport car' jeep didn't start. He had to give it back though. :rolleyes:

dbudd
08-20-2020, 04:30 PM
Sometimes the most dangerous thing about flying is the airport Courtesy car

smcnutt
08-21-2020, 09:48 AM
The Mayor my brother dealt with was Dave Hahn and unfortunately I hear he passed away in 2018 (http://www.rushfuneralhome.com/Obituaries/Print?obituaryOid=d5d87fb6-e21f-4421-8145-dda659faa53a). Think it was something stupid like he fell off of a step ladder or something like that. Sad ending for someone who had such an impact on so many who interacted with him.

J Ryd
08-31-2020, 06:11 PM
Is this still on? Who's going? Am I welcome with my tailwheel on the wrong end? Im trying to rearrange work schedules. Hopefully I can pull it off.

Steve Pierce
09-01-2020, 06:39 AM
It s still on, several people I know are going.

dbudd
09-05-2020, 12:01 PM
Just as a reminder if you are coming to the flyin, bring your tie downs. The ground is hard this time of year so the screw in type are not very good. Drive in type like the Claw will be the best.

dbudd
09-05-2020, 12:05 PM
Is this still on? Who's going? Am I welcome with my tailwheel on the wrong end? Im trying to rearrange work schedules. Hopefully I can pull it off.

It’s happening and it doesn’t matter where your third wheel is at . Just plan on having fun !

Sent from my iPhone using ShortWingPipers.Org mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=95463)

dbudd
09-13-2020, 02:14 PM
Fun was had by all you should have seen the big grin on J Ryd’s face when he got back from flying. Priceless!!!

J Ryd
09-13-2020, 03:56 PM
What a kick in **s! Doug, Holy crap that was fun! Thanks to all you guys for taking me under your wing and showing me what a Tripacer can do!

Jan

J Ryd
09-13-2020, 04:11 PM
Also a BIG shout to Clint and the gang for putting it together. I didn't count, but was told there were 58 airplanes in all at one point. Was a hoot!

Jan

MrBill
09-13-2020, 05:52 PM
Get any good pics Jan?

J Ryd
09-14-2020, 11:10 AM
Ya know, I really didnt document too well. Except for the obligatory pics of Rushmore and Crazyhorse from the air. Possibly some folks will post up on the "Black Hills" flyin FB page: Here's a cool shot of the Badlands:17811

Jan

MrBill
09-14-2020, 03:18 PM
Wow, that doesnt even look real. You fly over them Badlands flying to Wall, right? Pretty cool.

J Ryd
09-14-2020, 06:25 PM
I didnt fly out to Walls on Friday cause the ceiling was really low. Later the weather improved. Picture this: Its kind of like when your sking. The scariest thing you could ever hear is "Dad follow me". You know better. So i should have known better, LOL, when Dale in his fat wheeled 170b, Bill in a Carbon Cub says "We'll show you around". That was probably the best time I've had since I learned to fly!

Steve Pierce
09-17-2020, 09:33 PM
If it is the Carbon Cub Bill I metyou guys had a hoot. ArkanSTOL was amazing. My blood hasn't pumped that hard while flying an airplane in a long time. Arkansas has some really cool airstrips to explore and camp at.

at7615
09-18-2020, 12:53 PM
If it is the Carbon Cub Bill I metyou guys had a hoot. ArkanSTOL was amazing. My blood hasn't pumped that hard while flying an airplane in a long time. Arkansas has some really cool airstrips to explore and camp at.

I got to go to ArkanSTOL, it was a hoot!

dbudd
09-18-2020, 02:59 PM

I had Bill and his wife and five other airplanes in my tour to our ranch strips and your right Bill is a hoot we had a blast. I just talked to a rancher we did a fly by at and he was still excited about is. Said it was one of the coolest things he ever saw. Fun was had by all