PDA

View Full Version : Trim or weatherstrip for PA-22 side window

smcnutt
12-14-2007, 11:39 AM
I was wondering what, if anything, people were using as a seal for the small triangular side window on the Pacer. Ours currently doesn't have any type of trim or seal and it seems like it should have something. Maybe a small U-Channel (but I don't like the look) or some kind of glued-on foam strip or chafe seal. Just not sure of exactly what so I would ask what others do and sources for the material.

Steve Pierce
12-14-2007, 02:15 PM
Sandy, I will go up to the storage hanger and take a picture of mine this evening. Like someone else said, "A picture is worth a thousand words." :lol:

smcnutt
12-14-2007, 05:23 PM
"A picture is worth a thousand words."

Isn't that what got this whole forum started. :P In case I haven't said it before -Awesome job putting this all together.

By the way, I just got this month's SWPC newsletter/book and it had an article about this side window and a add-on locking mechanism. They had several black & white pictures showing how it all goes together. Nice article and I think the mod could be a good idea. However, it kinda struck me funny that A) the mod is not posted in the SWPC webpage's Mod's and Restorations section and B) it would have been so much easier to see with clear color pictures vs. the grainy B&W ones. Just thought that was odd (in my twisted way of thinking) considering the events and conversations that lead to the development of this site. :twisted:

I think I will write them a letter to that effect and maybe they might make a connection about the usefullness of this "Fad" they call the internet. Personally, I don't think it will be around much longer (being a passing fad and all) but we might as well take advantage of it while it's here. :lol:

Steve Pierce
12-14-2007, 09:30 PM
Sandy, I couldn't agree more. :lol: My pictures didn't turn out worth viewing, too dark in the hanger. I will get some in the daylight. Mine has some sticky backed foam tape along the inside edge of the window itself the same width as the lip. Seals very well.

smcnutt
12-17-2007, 10:55 AM
Steve,

Thanks for the info. I pretty sure I can picture what you're saying and what you used so I probably don't need the pictures. I'm sure I will hit you up for some other pictures in the future so don't burn yourself out on picture taking yet. :lol: