PDA

View Full Version : Good Looking Airplane on the Old Site

Homer Landreth
02-05-2008, 12:53 PM
A picture of a Damn nice looking Tripacer JUST GOT UPLOADED on the old site ! :D

smcnutt
02-05-2008, 01:40 PM
Awesome work! You must personally know Bill Gates or something to have gotten that fixed. :lol:

The other issue I had with the "Old" site was that it took me several weeks to get verified by the webmaster before I could post messages. Doesn't effect us existing members but it's pretty frustrating to anybody new. He said it was because my verification request email got lost in his spam filter due to so many false registrations by automated spammers and such. I suggested that he have one of those "enter the code seen in the picture" questions in the registration to eliminate the automated registrations. Just a suggestion and you've probably already figure that one out -seeing that you know Bill Gates and such. :D

Steve Pierce
02-05-2008, 07:51 PM
Glad you got it working Homer. Too bad the powers that be wouldn't let it happen until this site got started. :roll:

Stephen
02-06-2008, 12:03 AM
Homer,

Excellent work getting the "old" SWPC forum improved, although, it is a shame (at no fault of your's) that it took years to happen, and only after Steve P. and others went to a great deal of effort to make this new (ShortWingPipers.Org) site "first class". I do not believe that we need two discussion forums for short wingers, and it would utimately be destructive. Ideally, both sites could work and support each other. Since this new (ShortWingPipers.org) site is primarily focused on discussion forums, the SWPC's site should move towards other important area's, such as; putting the lending libarary on line (which is happening), getting the SWPC store on-line, getting chapters to post current information, maintaining a calandar of SWP events, developing a first class "swap and sell" section, archiving on-line the SWPC history, posting current president messages, posting the best of Newsletter technical information, develop an "ask the experts" section which ultilizes the SWPC tech committee, promoting the annual convention (which is also happening), maintain a record of past conventions on-line for all of us to see, posting the annual and past budgets under the current blank on-line treasure report, making the site a repository of vital SWP information similar to Andy's site,..... It seems to me, that there is no end of what the SWPC site could do to strengthen the club and avoid negative competition with this (ShortWingPipers.Org's) new site. I would be, as always, willing to help the club, as long as the goal of the SWPC's site is first and formost to strengthen the SWPC and is not trying to hurt others who are also trying to support ShortWingers.

Stephen Adams
Lopez Island, WA
SWPC member 998

Homer Landreth
02-06-2008, 07:46 AM
Steve J;
Thank You, keep up your good work also.
Homer

imported_shortwing
02-06-2008, 08:50 AM
First I want to sincerely say Best of luck in your new role "over there", Homer! It is a daunting task to try to please all of the people all of the time.

And just for the record folks, there is NO plan for shortwingpipers.org to go away, in fact, I suspect these forums will grown continually over time as membership is NOT required to be a part of them. We will be having an organizational / future plans meeting about this in a couple weeks, after that, you can expect more improvements and changes.

Thanks for your patience, and involvement!

sj

Tom T.
02-06-2008, 06:37 PM
A picture of a Damn nice looking Tripacer JUST GOT UPLOADED on the old site ! :D

Thanks to your efforts Homer! :D

azevedoflyer
02-27-2008, 08:12 PM
To Homer,
I got frustrated - as many of us did - by the old site.
I read people congratulating you for a good job done and I join the crowd even if I have not sampled it yet!
I also endorse Stephen Adams words (read above) and would suggest the inclusion of an icon on each site that would address the other.
Will try to visit the old site!
Miguel
N8714D

Homer Landreth
02-28-2008, 12:47 PM
Miguel;
Actualy, you can do that yourself with a shortcut on your "Desk top". :idea:
1. With the mouse pointer anywhere in the "desktop" click on the right button.
2. From the menu that is now showing move the pointer to "New" and then from
the right menu list "Shortcut" then click the left button.
3. The Wizard is now displayed so type in http://shortwingpipers.org/ or Shortwing.org (or any other internet address you want, you can make these shortcuts out the wazoo.)
4. Left Click on the NEXT button.
5. Now type in the name you want to call it. (This will be displayed beneath the icon.)
6. Left Click on FINISH.

Now you have an icon on your desk top that all you do is click it twice and it will take you to the "Other" site directly (or wherever address you put in there). You don't even go through your "Home" page. 8-)
Regards
Homer