PDA

View Full Version : Canadian AD's

srwhitenect
05-06-2008, 02:51 PM
Does anyone on the list have any knowledge of a Canadian Airworthiness Directive "CF-58-07" to do with an open bus bar applicable to the PA-20's and 22's?? It was adopted by Transport Canada via a Service bulletin by Trans Aircraft Company. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Steve W

Steve Pierce
05-06-2008, 02:57 PM
Here is everything I know or could find out about it. Not really anything. I exported a C170 to Canada and met a real good engineer doing so. I will see if I can find his contact information and find out what the AD is about.

No. CF-58-07

AIRWORTHINESS DIRECTIVE

The following airworthiness directive (AD) may be applicable to an aircraft which our records indicate is registered in your name. ADs are issued pursuant to Canadian Aviation Regulation (CAR) 593. Pursuant to CAR 605.84 and the further details of CAR Standard 625, Appendix H, the continuing airworthiness of a Canadian registered aircraft is contingent upon compliance with all applicable Ads. Failure to comply with the requirements of an AD may invalidate the flight authorization of the aircraft. Alternative means of compliance shall be applied for in accordance with CAR 605.84 and the above- referenced Standard.

This AD has been issued by the Continuing Airworthiness Division (AARDG), Aircraft Certification Branch, Transport Canada, Ottawa, telephone (613) 952-4357.

58-7 PIPER

The modification described in Trans Aircraft Company Service Bulletin No. 1 relating to open bus bar of the Piper Models PA-16, PA-20, PA-22 and PA-24 is mandatory. Compliance is required by 30th September, 1958.

Pursuant to CAR 202.51 the registered owner of a Canadian aircraft shall, within seven days, notify the Minister in writing of any change of his or her name or address. To request a change of address, contact the Civil Aviation Communications Centre (AARC) at Place de Ville, Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0N8, or 1-800-305-2059, or http://www.tc.gc.ca/civilaviation/commu ... ddress.asp (http://www.tc.gc.ca/civilaviation/communications/centre/address.asp).

24-0022 (01-2001)

srwhitenect
05-06-2008, 03:22 PM
Thanks Steve but that is where everything ends. Transport Canada can't as yet find the repair or wording for the AD or service letter. No one knows who Trans Aircraft is not even new Piper.

Steve W

srwhitenect
05-09-2008, 02:39 PM
Finally received a copy of the AD. For anyone importing a PA-16,20,22,24 into Canada, AD CF-58-07 is outstanding and in force. I have a copy if anyone wants one for future imports. The CB/bus bar must be taken off and wraped with electrical tape or have a plastic cover installed to prevent any metal to bus contact.

Steve W

André LeBlanc
11-11-2013, 06:45 AM
Hello, I'm also regarding for info about the CF-58-07. Does someone has the Service bulletion related to this canadian A/D ?,

Regards,

André LeBlanc

Pacerfgoe
11-11-2013, 11:10 AM
Hello Andre, Welcome to the forum.

This has come up several times on the forum, and each time the poster is frustrated looking for this info. I wish I could help you, but I don't have any more info than you problably do.
The just of it is in post #4 above, wraping the bus bar and ensuring no exposed metal.
If you do get a copy with further info than what is on Transport Canadas website, would you please post it on here so others can use this as a resource for the info.

I have a hard time with Transport Canada saying we have to ensure this AD is complied with, yet they provide zero information for you to take to your AME to make sure it's done....WTF.....idiots.

If anyone else has a copy could you please post it.....

gliderman
11-11-2013, 12:44 PM
Hi Forrest

I sent a message to my AME buddy here in Red Deer. if he can't find it- no one can. I'll keep you posted

Shane-o

gliderman
11-11-2013, 11:37 PM
Hi All
got a prompt response from "my Guy": Gary Hillman

That tells me now old the inspectors are at Transport Canada and at Piper. Geez, can they not go back to records only 30 yrs ago???!!!!! Trans Aircraft was the Canadian Piper Dealer for MANY years. I had a cousin that worked there. I doubt you would find anyone that has their records. But I would say that if TC cannot find anything on this AD then it cannot be valid any more. I may have an archived binder of old Canadian AD's so will check for you in that. But I bet one would have to have a copy of the SB-1.

Gary

as I said before I'll keep you posted

Shane-o

Pacerfgoe
11-12-2013, 12:50 AM
Thanks Shane, that would be great...

gliderman
11-17-2013, 02:57 AM
Hi Forrest

Gary Hillman beat the bushes and has no luck in finding a copy. Still looking though....

gliderman
11-17-2013, 03:00 AM
His thoughts:

"But I would say that if TC cannot find anything on this AD then it cannot be valid any more."

we should kick it into TC hands and let them worry about it- I'll make a call Monday

Shane-o

Pacerfgoe
11-17-2013, 11:57 PM
Give 'em Hell Shane-o