PDA

View Full Version : Now this is a dedicated aircraft mechanic!

Curly
05-27-2008, 08:31 PM
Having trouble getting the timing or mixture just right?

Why not do it under normal working conditions and get it spot on! :shock: :shock:[attachment=0:1rf8t6c4]Aircraft Mechanic at work.jpg[/attachment:1rf8t6c4]

andya
05-27-2008, 11:11 PM
Actually this is the IA that took a ride with the owner after he pencill whipped the annual.

Bultaco Jim
05-27-2008, 11:35 PM
He's clearly not a good mechanic......the engine just quit. Hmmm, maybe he's only halfway to his destination; to hand prop it!

04ZULU
06-11-2008, 12:38 AM
That ain't a mechanic.............that's the pilot!

smcnutt
06-11-2008, 09:07 AM
Isn't that how you efficiently do those tweaks to the engine? Otherwise, you have that annoying process of adjusting/take-off/evaluate/land/adjust, over and over until it's just right. His way skips all those time consuming take-offs and landings. :lol:

I'm looking at checking/adjusting the rigging on my plane and the final adjustments involve a similar adjusting/take-off/evaluate/land/adjust cycle to get it just right. I wonder if you could do the same thing -just not sure how to reach the tail while in flight. Maybe climb out the baggage door? :roll: :lol:

Bultaco Jim
06-11-2008, 12:05 PM
Too much trouble. Just take off with one of your buds facing backwards on the tail, and use a walky - talky, and adjust "in-flight"........well, maybe not such a close friend!

Hillbilly
06-11-2008, 01:57 PM
Too much trouble. Just take off with one of your buds facing backwards on the tail, and use a walky - talky, and adjust "in-flight"........well, maybe not such a close friend!

You forgot to mention, trim full nose down...

smcnutt
06-11-2008, 03:43 PM
There's a 'tail-dragger' joke in there somewhere........It's just not forming in my head completely -a common occurrence.

clipquito
06-16-2008, 04:13 PM
That's funny. I could have sworn the guy was trying to hand prop the engine lost in flight! BA