PDA

View Full Version : OIl Cooler on a Colt

pmanton
06-21-2008, 10:17 PM
I'm down in Southern California and I ran into a chap with a Colt that needs an oil cooler. He says he can't get a field approval????

I don't have any of my reference stuff with me but I should think it would be simple to fir a colt with an oil cooler.

Am I wrong?

Thanks

Paul
N1431A
KPLU

Steve Pierce
06-22-2008, 09:16 AM
Not a big deal installation wise but the paperwork has become harder. I have seen quite a few Clippers with the O-235 and an oil cooler field approved. I would check with the Stewart brothers. Their STC should be approved shortly if not already. See this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=348 (http://www.shortwingpipers.org/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=348)

pmanton
06-22-2008, 10:27 AM
I'll have to contact them to see how their STC is doing.

If I could find an approved 337, I could get the guy a field approval. So Far I've not been turned down IF I can come up with an approved 337. (Seattle FSDO)
With all the Colts running around Texas, Arizona, Southern California, There MUST be a ton of them with oil coolers.

Cheers:

Paul
N1431A
KPLU

Steve Pierce
06-22-2008, 10:46 AM
I've got copies on a Clipper or two but not on a Colt.

pmanton
06-22-2008, 01:03 PM
I'm stuck 1300 miles from all my books and stuff so I'm kind of shooting in the dark. But looking at the TCDS on the Club web site, on items pertainent to all models, items 101 and 103 are oil coolers. There is no serial number restriction that I can see. Unless I'm missing something, I can install one of these oil coolers with a log book entry. ?????

Cheers:

Paul