PDA

View Full Version : Binding controls full aft

Kurts
07-13-2008, 08:02 PM
Hello,

This is my first post I believe. I am the recent purchaser of a 63 Colt and I have a question maybe someone knows the answer to.

When I pull the wheel all the way back to the stop, the "T" underneath the panel comes back and hits the underside of the throttle and mixure controls, forcing them upwards. I've looked under the panel and don't see any way to get the controls higher thus eliminating this interference. Is there something I'm not thinking of, some way that the throttle and mixture controls may not be routed properly?

I would be greatful for any ideas.

Thanks!

Kurt
N5804Z

Steve Pierce
07-13-2008, 08:50 PM
Can you post a picture? I will get a picture of my Pacer.

07-14-2008, 01:00 AM
There should be a tab located on the pilots side yoke guide that stops the travel before it hits the throttle or mixture. See if it hasn't been bent aside or broken off. They were light gauge metal. Pulling the yoke all the way to the panel should give you quite an angle of attack.

Mark Phillips
1952 pa22/135-150

Kurts
07-18-2008, 11:24 PM
Interesting! No, I don't have a picture of behind the panel but I will look to see if there is some sort of stop that is either broken or bent. I assume that it would be behind the panel up by the bushing where the pilot's side yoke comes out of the panel? Can you maybe describe what I will be looking for so I can get a mental picture?

Thanks!

Kurt

There should be a tab located on the pilots side yoke guide that stops the travel before it hits the throttle or mixture. See if it hasn't been bent aside or broken off. They were light gauge metal. Pulling the yoke all the way to the panel should give you quite an angle of attack.

Mark Phillips
1952 pa22/135-150

andya
07-19-2008, 04:18 PM
Maybe this pic from under my panel will help. the square tube has a tab welded across it. This assembly is just to the right of the pilots side yoke shaft.

The phonelic blocks in the fork that ride over the square tube stop aft movement

Kurts
07-19-2008, 06:06 PM
Great, that helps know what to look for. I'll crawl under the panel and take a look. Thanks!!

Kurt