PDA

View Full Version : Eureka!!!

d.grimm
07-22-2008, 01:07 PM
Vagabond owners,(PA-15) I have tracked down a C85-12 Form 337 dated 8-3-51, making it approved data.
Also have reference of a letter from Piper Aircraft raising the gross weight on PA-15's to 1150 lbs.
It's a good day in Vagabond country.
Dave

Gilbert Pierce
07-22-2008, 05:20 PM
Dave,
That's wonderful news. I may make use of that for my VAG.
Please send a copy of that paper work to Kent O'Kelly. He is putting together a CD of all of the 337's that have been approved for our ShortWings. That one is probably one of or the most valuable one out there.
Kent's Email is in the front of the SWP News. I don't want to post it here.
Gilbert

Steve Pierce
07-24-2008, 07:09 AM
That is awesome David. :D

d.grimm
07-24-2008, 11:14 AM
Thanks Guys,
Since my Vagabond already has a C-85 it's not going to do much for me. Being interested and owning 3 projects so far I think it's a great addition to the fleet as a whole. The letter for the gross weight increase still has to be tracked down, but I know it exists. I have another C-85 337 coming, so we can hit it with both barrels. If there is somebody in the Ohio area that wants to do this modification, I would like to help get it through the FSDO to see how hard this is going to be.
Dave

Larry Huntley
07-25-2008, 08:39 AM
Thanks Guys,
Since my Vagabond already has a C-85 it's not going to do much for me. Being interested and owning 3 projects so far I think it's a great addition to the fleet as a whole. The letter for the gross weight increase still has to be tracked down, but I know it exists. I have another C-85 337 coming, so we can hit it with both barrels. If there is somebody in the Ohio area that wants to do this modification, I would like to help get it through the FSDO to see how hard this is going to be.
Dave

Great news Dave!!!
I thought there must be one out there someplace. What you have is "Approved Data",no need for anything else. Bolt it on like the 337 states and send the 337 to OK City. You have a document that will be of great value to others. Sure would appreciate a copy of that if you have the time. Larry Huntley

d.grimm
09-05-2008, 12:37 PM
I have ANOTHER pre 1955 form 337 for installation of a C85-12 engine in a PA-15 with stock piper parts and cowlings used.
Dated September 28, 1951.
Dave