PDA

View Full Version : W&B Form

Larry Huntley
09-17-2008, 02:56 PM
Anyone have a printable blank W&B form. I have looked in numerous places and can't seem to find one. Larry Huntley

smcnutt
09-17-2008, 04:13 PM
Andy's site. Check the first column.

http://home.earthlink.net/~andy2220/id4.html

taildraggerpilot
09-17-2008, 08:33 PM
Attached is an Excel Weight and Balance template I developed using the original W&B form from piper. I scanned the images from the original sheet and made it functional so all you have to do is weigh the airplane and put the tire weights in and it will do your weight and balance for you.

If you go to the Airplane Information tab (first tab circled in RED), you can enter the airplane information. Once the information is entered, you can then go to the second tab and view the output of the calculations (see the second or third tab circled in RED). The second tab is for Tripacers without an Aux tank and the third tab is for airplanes with an Aux tank. When you click on the second or third tabs, you then hit the print button and it will look like the three pages I have posted.

Hope this helps. I'm working on a template for the tailwheel types, but need an image. If anyone has one, I'd be happy to make a template for that as well. With this program, it will take you less than five minutes to do a W&B.[attachment=1:dkv0ca3q]W&B Airplane Info.JPG[/attachment:dkv0ca3q][attachment=0:dkv0ca3q]W&B Out Put Data.JPG[/attachment:dkv0ca3q]

taildraggerpilot
09-17-2008, 08:36 PM
Here is what the printout will look like once you print.

Steve Pierce
09-17-2008, 09:44 PM
Ben, That is awesome. Thanks for posting it. My wife starts her lessons in a Tri-Pacer this weekend. I will show it to her and the instructor. I will see if I have a tailwheel W&B sheet for you.

Bultaco Jim
09-17-2008, 09:54 PM
This is a bit off the subject, but, is that 777 pounds empty weight possible on a Tri with an O-320?

Gilbert Pierce
09-17-2008, 10:17 PM
Ben
That great stuff Ben. How about publishing that in the Short Wing Piper News with links to the spread sheets.

andya
09-17-2008, 10:33 PM
Ben
will this help, if so, would love to see your xls version for this model

andy

taildraggerpilot
09-18-2008, 05:52 AM
This is a bit off the subject, but, is that 777 pounds empty weight possible on a Tri with an O-320?

The values you see in the screen shots of the template are just arbitrary numbers I typed in at the time of taking the snapshot. If you have that much fuel on the airplane when you put the airplane on the scales, it will weigh a lot more than that.
What this template does, is allow you to weigh the airplane with any amount of fuel or oil (assuming you know how much is in the tanks and sump at the time of weighing) and calculates the true empty weight to get you back to the three conditions specified in the original piper weight and balance data sheet (i.e. Most forward CG Normal Category, Most forward CG (Alternate) Normal Category, and Most Rearward CG).

mjlossner
09-18-2008, 08:05 AM
Thanks for the legwork on both Wt & Bal. Forms. I work for a 135 operator and we use the metal Wt & Bal. Plotters Availible thru Sporty's. I was going to order one for our Tri-Pacer....but with this..
Thanks Again,
Mike.

taildraggerpilot
09-18-2008, 09:13 AM
This W&B template is really meant for the A&P's and IA's who need a clean W&B report once the airlpane has been weighed on scales. This template give you the empty weight C.G. for doing your preflight calculations.

However, I have another W&B template developed which I will post tonight designed for the operator (i.e. pilots). It will allow you to put in various weights for people, baggage and fuel and will show you where your CG is based on how you have loaded your airplane. I should have posted that one also, but it was getting late.

Larry Huntley
09-18-2008, 09:03 PM
Thanx to everyone for all the responses. Great group! Larry

09-24-2008, 12:35 AM
THIS IS A W&B WORKSHEET FOR A PA 22. MAKE SURE YOU INPUT THE CORRECT AIRCRAFT GROSS WEIGHT. THIS WORKSHEET HAS THE GROSS WEIGHT FOR A METALIZED TRI PACER LISTED. I USED THIS TO FIGURE W&B FOR THE TRIP TO OSHKOSH.

REGARDS;

MARK PHILLIPS

stevesaircraft(Bri)
09-24-2008, 01:01 PM
I have been using this XCell file for all of my new weight and ballance calculations.

Brian.

Bayport Piper
09-25-2008, 01:09 PM
Well here is my document too then. PA-20 WnB

craigh
10-13-2008, 01:54 PM
Anyone have a similar spreadsheet for a PA-22-108 Colt :?:

JohnW
10-13-2008, 05:01 PM
Why not? Put 'er up!

craigh
10-13-2008, 05:19 PM
Why not? Put 'er up!

I wasn't offering one - I was LOOKING for one. ;)

JohnW
10-13-2008, 06:35 PM
HA HA!!! I wuz trying to helup!!! (sorry...respirator must be sucking paint fumes...) :mrgreen:

slstacey
03-12-2014, 02:33 PM
Here is an excel spread sheet with graph that I made for a PA-22 135. You are welcome to copy / modify it as you need...
Steve Stacey