PDA

View Full Version : Colt Seats

Fish Biscuit Air
09-22-2008, 09:01 PM
Where can I find seats for my Colt project? I've seen just about everything listed for sale but can't seem to locate a pair of front seats.

JohnW
09-23-2008, 06:59 AM
Have you tried Wentworth's? Have you Posted any "Wanted" ads here or in other locations? Seats are "out there"...and with all the Natural Catastrophes the last couple years, there are a BUNCH of flipped airplanes that are being "parted out". You just have to beat the bushes, and SOME PARTS are not commonly traded (or "offered") from the "supplier's" side...seats would be one of those parts. Fortunately for you, the TriPacers with "individual seats" ( the "benches" are different in the way they mount. Similar, but not interchangeable) are the exact same part as the Colts. That gives you a much heftier parts base to draw from. The Colt seats are NOT "unique".

Your whole "plan" was to drum up a set "here" with the least amount of effort, eh? :roll: I don't blame you, and good luck...maybe somebody HAS a set they would be willing to "get off of". Wouldn't be MY luck, but worth the try!

Fish Biscuit Air
09-23-2008, 08:36 PM
I have faith John. Someone will come up with a set.
Ok folks, don't make me a liar and don't make me use boat seats.

cwo4ret
09-24-2008, 05:49 AM
I saw this on Ebay. But damn expensive.

Tripacer PA 22 Seat, Aircraft Experimental Item number: 310066990305

Fish Biscuit Air
09-24-2008, 08:32 AM
Yeah, that's more than I wanted to spend on something that has to be recovered anyway. I'll keep looking.

Matt