PDA

View Full Version : PA-22-108 Maintenance Manual

zalto
10-07-2008, 11:51 AM
Hello All,

New to the board here. Enjoy reading all the posts. I have a 1961 Colt that is due for an annual this month. My A/P said I need to get a "maintenance manual" for the inspection. I can't find one anywhere. What am I missing? Thanks in advance.

Dusty

smcnutt
10-07-2008, 01:31 PM
Don't know if he's referring to an inspection form like you can find on Andy's site http://home.earthlink.net/~andy2220/id4.html but my A/P didn't need me to provide one for my annual. Does your A/P have experience with our planes?

mjlossner
10-07-2008, 02:20 PM
Don't know about the PA-22-108,But the only "Maintenance Manual" published for the PA-22-125-160 was the small Tri-Pacer Owners Handbook. It give general maintenance, servicing ,rigging, Lots of good stuff in a little book, makes good readin on a rainy day (like today)
Mike

Steve Pierce
10-07-2008, 03:30 PM
The inspection sheet, owners manual and parts manual and access to this website should provide your A&P/IA everything he needs to do an annual inspection.

zalto
10-07-2008, 03:37 PM
Thanks guys for the quick evaluation. I have the Operating Handbook and it does cover most of the maintenance issues including rigging. That is probably the info they are looking for. The mechanic is from Alaska so I would guess he is up to date on Piper aircraft. On another issue, does anyone know where I could get a new brake cable that runs from the brake lever down and around under the seat. Mine is frayed at the pulley in front corner of the cabin. What a great forum! Hope I can help sometime.

Thanks,
Dusty