PDA

View Full Version : puting on wing fittings

rdalefly
11-26-2008, 10:37 AM
i have built a wagareo sport tranier but built the top like a super cub to fit the pa-22 wings i have. the five wings are all damanged but can get two good wings out of them, i havent yet welded the wing fittings on and this is were i need help the north land plans shows 31in.front to rear and 1/8 closer in on the front,will this work with pa-22 wings? i have seen builders jig these with a rod sraight thru the front and rear fittings to keep them sraight however the wings i have looks like the front bolt hole and the rear hole dont line up, can anybody help?

Steve Pierce
11-26-2008, 01:57 PM
The fuselage drawings for the short wings show 36" between centers on the front and rear wing attach fittings. The rear spar fitting center is 1 1/2" lower than the front fitting.

JohnW
11-26-2008, 03:53 PM
The fuselage drawings for the short wings show 36" between centers on the front and rear wing attach fittings. The rear spar fitting center is 1 1/2" lower than the front fitting.\

Steve, you are very rarely wrong, and I'll bet that was a simple typo...but the Drawings show the distance between the forward and aft wing hinge fitting centerlines to be THIRTY-ONE inches. The referenced "drop" from front ftg to rear ftg is correct as you have called it, and please allow me to stress HOW IMPORTANT these locations ARE! This is where the Angle of Incidence of the wings is set up (stock or modified AOI is naturally at the Builder's option, but this is where it happens, so be precise when you weld them on).

Steve Pierce
11-26-2008, 04:11 PM
36" was between the two wings and like you said 31" between the spars. That's why pictures are worth a thousand words. :lol: Sorry, I wasn't very clear there. ;)