PDA

View Full Version : question on Univair brakes

learaviator
12-04-2008, 10:03 PM
n
Can someone tell me what is involved in installing a set of Univair dual brakes on a Pacer.? Is it difficult (okay I know it will be difficult) or should I say impossible to do on an aircraft that is covered? I am trying to get brakes on the right side. IS there an easier way to do it?

wacreech
03-03-2009, 08:14 PM
Lear,

I recently removed a set of modified rudder pedals that had brakes on the left side (probably Univair?) to install a set of Williams pedals. The pedals were easy to remove from the right side by first removing the cowling and then the sheetmetal just behind the cowling (the aluminum piece that goes between the cowling and the front door.) I just removed screws that hold it in place on the lower portion so I could pull it up and out of the way. I tied the yokes to the rear seatbelt to get the yoke linkage out of the way. Then I removed the interior panel and that provided ccess to pull the pedal assembly with brakes attached out of the plane. I installed the Williams setup in the reverse order.

I don't see any reason why the Univair dual brakes would be any different to install. You will have more brake hoses to deal with but that shouldn't be a problem. I don't know the cost comparison between Univair and Williams, but the Williams setup is neat. It looks like a copy of Cessna 140 brake pedals. I've flown with both and really can't tell any difference. Good luck.

Bill