PDA

View Full Version : window sealants

Zac Weidner
01-14-2009, 08:39 AM
I will be installing the windows soon. I bought a box of 3M Strip Caulk. One box has 20 yards of 1 foot lengths. I have never installed windows in an airplane and I do not know how to do this job. I would assume that one would just place a strip of the stuff around the entire window, inside and out, but that is all I know. I attended a Windows 101 forum at Oshkosh relating to plastic care and methods of cutting, drilling, etc., but no advice on this particular product and I also need any extra tips that would relate to 1959 Tri Pacer windows. My windows came from Great Lakes and I will be installing all new windows sometime soon. Any help is appreciated.

Colt Dude
01-23-2009, 11:16 AM
I think the strip caulk would work fine for the Fay sealing. Working on Citations all day has got me in the habit of finishing with a THIN edge of Pro Seal to everything. It gives a nice finished look to the project. Its served me well on my Colt, Luscombe and RV. Just be conservative in its use, its very strong. In some sheet metal jobs at Cessna we will remove the rivets and the skin will still tear off just due to the Pro Seal.