PDA

View Full Version : prop damaged in shipping

d.grimm
01-19-2009, 10:13 PM
Sent my Sensenich wood prop out by UPS in a Sensenich prop box and it arrived with a big dent in the trailing edge. Now what?
Dave.

Steve Pierce
01-19-2009, 10:36 PM
Call UPS and make them buy a new prop. Had to go through this with Fed Ex. New we drive to the prop shop. Probably hard to drive to Plant City if it was a wood prop.

Bultaco Jim
01-20-2009, 12:35 AM
You would think Sensenich's box would be up to it. I bought a VOR head a while back, and when it arrived, it was literally in pieces. You have to figure UPS will drop it 4 feet to concrete......every time.

pistoncan
01-20-2009, 09:06 AM
Dave,
I have found the best way to ship a prop is to mount it between two six foot 1x12 pine boards. held togeher with carriage bolts, and wrapped with packing tape. Or you can use one board and bubble wrap. Both work.
I probably can;t help you, if you want a certified prop, but if you just want it fixed, I can repair and/or rebalance a prop if you need it done. No charge, since you have done alot of favors on here. Gary

andya
01-21-2009, 08:38 AM
Dave,
I have found the best way to ship a prop is to mount it between two six foot 1x12 pine boards. held togeher with carriage bolts, and wrapped with packing tape. Or you can use one board and bubble wrap. Both work.

I usually ship the same way...

d.grimm
01-23-2009, 07:16 AM
The prop is being shipped back to me and Sensenich has pictures and says it's repairable. No comment from UPS about who is going to pay for all this.
Dave

Steve Pierce
01-23-2009, 07:48 AM
Wood or metal? How much life are they gonna take out of the prop? Future rebuilds via material removed.

d.grimm
01-23-2009, 08:11 AM
Wood prop, have not seen it yet.
Dave

andya
01-24-2009, 10:36 AM
I just went thru a claim with UPS regards a package that I never got. Driver said he dropped it off and the computer tracking said he did, but it was nowhere on my property or the neighbors. Learned: the shipper has to make the claim to UPS, UPS investigates and eventually determines cost to replace/repair. Compensation goes to shipper. Amount is limited to the actual cost of part/repair or insured value, which ever is lower. Good luck.

Glen Geller
01-24-2009, 03:13 PM
UPS: United Package Smashers

Oh this is gonna get me in deep doody with them...

d.grimm
01-29-2009, 02:31 PM
Well United Package Smashers (UPS) has denied my damage claim because it wasn't packaged properly.
It was in a Sensenich Propeller prop box!!!!! Now what?
Dave

Hillbilly
01-29-2009, 03:44 PM
That is their default answer, heck they broke an Iron plate we ground and shipped out, the response?, not packaged properly..
I'm guessing you need a titanium box with a mattress crammed inside it before they will admit to anything...
I would get Mr. Litigator to give them a shout...

Good Luck - Hillbilly

Steve Pierce
01-29-2009, 05:19 PM
Be very firm Dave. I have and have gotten reimbursed.

Glen Geller
01-31-2009, 03:43 PM
Contact Sensenich and ask them if their crates are certified or approved etc by the shipping companies, and ask them what in the past has been successful for their clients in your situation.
And get your personal attorney involved if you have one, or even your state Attorney General, Richard Cordray (http://www.ag.state.oh.us/citizen/consumer/index.asp).
A strongly worded letter to UPS from the State AG should get a positive response.

d.grimm
02-01-2009, 04:50 PM
Done most everything including thinly disguised threats, waiting for results of "second" inspection.
Dave

d.grimm
03-18-2009, 12:52 PM
Well,
A month and half later, 30 phone calls to everybody and their brother that works at UPS, The local TV station getting on the case
and a summons from court and UPS called out of the blue and said they would be sending a check.
What a bunch of SOB's.
Dave

eskflyer
03-18-2009, 04:32 PM
Dang now wasnt that easy . Cangrats on winning this one . Let me guess yur not going to use them to ship are you ? lol .

3579A

Bultaco Jim
03-19-2009, 01:19 AM
Remember everyone, .. the average loading dock is 4 feet high, over CONCRETE. Package accordingly.