PDA

View Full Version : Need a couple parts

nd_rice
02-12-2009, 06:31 PM
Well the 57' Tri Pacer 150 is in the midst of it's first annual since we've got it and it needs a few parts that I think someone on here might be able to help me find. One thing that irritates me is that when we got it had about 30 hours since a major overhaul on it and half of the cylinders need to be replaced because they were just reused and most likely shouldn't of been reused. Anyway....

This is what I'm looking for:

At least 1 would like 2 new or very good used cylinders
2 control yoke's (both cracked)
Front mount oil cooler with bracket hardware (have a copper oil cooler looking for a lightweight non-cooper one)
Muffler shroud

I apologize if I didn't describe something properly, kind of a newbie.

Andrew

Steve Pierce
02-13-2009, 05:52 AM
Welcome Andrew. Do you know which engine you have? I am assuming it is a narrow deck if it has the internal wrenching hold down nuts. I probably have some cores but don't know their condition. If you can swing new I would go that route. Costs a lot less in the long run. I have swapped out many an overhauled cylinder prior to TBO due to cracks in the heads.

Frank Green
02-13-2009, 08:44 AM
I recently bought a new cooler from Niagara. Nice piece.

Glen Geller
02-14-2009, 02:45 AM
Move the (new) oil cooler to the left rear baffle and cover the original intake opening. Very slick installation.
Use the SEARCH button upper right for more info (oil + cooler + baffle)

nd_rice
02-17-2009, 12:28 PM
What would be the benefit of relocating the oil cooler? I would think it would receive more direct air over it being mounted in front resulting in better cooling. I suppose the big trade off would be that it is not aerodynamic and slows the aircraft down and it would also collect more debris (bugs & dirt) being mounted in front?

The Niagara oil cooler was recommended by my mechanic. They look very nice and functional(lighter), would they also cool any better than my old copper one?