PDA

View Full Version : Short Wing Piper Maintenance Forum @ OSH 2009

Steve Pierce
06-15-2009, 08:17 PM
I got confirmation on the 2nd Annual Short Wing Piper Maintenance Forum at Oshkosh. It will be on Thursday July 30th at 4:00 pm at the Poly Fiber Pavilion #10. The emphisis will be on Short Wing Piper maintenance items with a question and answer session following. Looking forward to meeting up with everyone who can make it.

Steve Pierce
07-22-2009, 07:19 AM
Well I got confirmation yesterday that we have a meeting scheduled with the manager of the Small Aircraft Directorate, the manager of Aircraft Maintenance Division, Flight Standards Service, DC and some others from both the FAA and EAA on Tue at 3:00 pm. I will update everyone at the maintenance forum on Thursday. My Dad will be able to attend this meeting so I am hoping it will be very productive and help the powers that be see some of our frustrations and listen to some of our ideas. We will be camping in the Vintage area adjacent to the Vintage Red Barn and the new Vintage Hanger. Look for the Red Clipper and stop by and say hello. Looks like the weather is going to be in the high 70s and lows into the high 50s. I can't wait, 100 plus here for a month. :cry: Looking forward to a week of fun, hope to see you there.

Steve Pierce
07-22-2009, 07:30 AM
Here is a link to a map of the grounds at Oshkosh this year. http://www.airventure.org/planning/AV20 ... ds_map.pdf (http://www.airventure.org/planning/AV2009_grounds_map.pdf)

Steve Pierce
08-09-2009, 03:04 PM
Some interesting things came up in the maintenance forum this year. I tried to focus on common problems found during an annual inspection of a Short Wing and it was suggested to me that there was a need for a list of sorts other than the standard Piper checklist. I am going to work on putting this together with pictures. I think it could help owners and mechanics alike better identify the problem areas of these airplanes. Would love to hear comments from folks who attended. Hope to do it again next year.

Todd
08-09-2009, 11:11 PM
Steve;
I enjoyed the forum and gained some useful knowledge on maintenance issues. A big part of it from my view was a chance to meet you and other short wingers, especially folks participating on this site. It adds a lot to be able to put a face and a handshake with a name as we interact the rest of the year via computer. I hope you can do it again next year - perhaps an earlier time slot so your vocal cords don't have to compete with the afternoon airshow din!

51-pa22
02-07-2010, 09:46 AM
Hey Steve
Will you folks let me park my low wing piper cub twin next to the rest of the shorter winged pipers, or just laugh at me because of it's funny nose?

From Wonderful Waxahachie
51-pa22

Steve Pierce
02-07-2010, 11:21 AM
I think the Short Wing Piper Club gets a special parking area every few years. Since there was a Short Wing parking area in 2009 I am not sure if the EAA will have one this year.

Bob M
03-17-2010, 10:41 AM
When and how do we find out if they will have a designated parking area. I hesitate to contact the SWPC leadership right now, they are a little jumpy. Do they post it on the site or can we contact EAA?

Zac Weidner
03-17-2010, 05:50 PM
I don't know why they say that because there are several groups that have parked together for the last 3 years, such as the 195's and Comanches.