PDA

View Full Version : Pacer Fueling Step

Stephen
09-03-2009, 07:10 PM
I just received Field approval for a fueling Step for my Pacer.
[attachment=0:8x632i4w]Fuel 2.jpg[/attachment:8x632i4w]

Here is the gear leg before attaching the fuel step
[attachment=2:8x632i4w]RSLand-G1.jpg[/attachment:8x632i4w]

Here is a set of plans that I submitted for approval.

Stephen
09-03-2009, 10:30 PM
Steve, thanks for the help on the clamp size.
[attachment=1:31rlzgyn]Image1.jpg[/attachment:31rlzgyn]

[attachment=0:31rlzgyn]Image3.jpg[/attachment:31rlzgyn]

Tadpole
09-03-2009, 10:48 PM
Looks nice!

Steve Pierce
09-04-2009, 06:27 AM
There ya go adding extra weight. :lol: Looks good. Where did you get that gear drawing?

Stephen
09-04-2009, 09:00 AM
There ya go adding extra weight. :lol: Looks good. Where did you get that gear drawing?

NO WAY!!!!! Didn't you notice the lighting holes?

I used the CD drawings and added the step mods with a paint program.

Tadpole
09-04-2009, 04:05 PM

NO WAY!!!!! Didn't you notice the lighting holes?

I used the CD drawings and added the step mods with a paint program.

Did you cut off the old steps for getting in and out since these new ones are longer?

Stephen
09-04-2009, 05:33 PM
Yes, I did cut off the old steps.

I missed the new step the first time getting in, but now that I'm getting used to it.....it seems to be easier getting both in and out. And, I easily fueled the plane without a ladder.

And, as I was looking over the gear...it seems to me that I may have increased the strength of the landing gear....now for more off airport landings

Tadpole
09-05-2009, 01:32 PM
Yes, I did cut off the old steps.

I missed the new step the first time getting in, but now that I'm getting used to it.....it seems to be easier getting both in and out. And, I easily fueled the plane without a ladder.

And, as I was looking over the gear...it seems to me that I may have increased the strength of the landing gear....now for more off airport landings

Did you check to see the weight difference? Probably close to a wash, in not a loss in weight!

Pacer160
09-06-2009, 01:06 AM
Another true example of superior engineering and creativity.
Unfortunately those of us with covered gear legs cannot benefit from your field approval and good idea.
Speaking of FA how much did this cost under the table.

Steve Pierce
09-06-2009, 07:46 AM
I have installed them on covered Super Cub gear. You just have to measure 3 times and cut once. ;)

Stephen
09-06-2009, 09:52 AM
Another true example of superior engineering and creativity.
Unfortunately those of us with covered gear legs cannot benefit from your field approval and good idea.
Speaking of FA how much did this cost under the table.

Don't listen to this guy....he's led me down blind canyons in the past.

Been to Harvey a couple of times lately, sorry we missed.

Regarding the weight difference....it was within ounces, with some extra work I could have ground off more of the old step. I'm still thinking about adding more lightening holes.

chrisg
09-18-2009, 11:54 AM
Nice work Stephen,
Its funny timing, because I was going back and forth with this same idea and then after talking to a friend I just went ahead and welded on Maule style steps. Oh well.... :)

-Chris

Stephen
09-25-2009, 10:35 AM
Nice work Stephen,
Its funny timing, because I was going back and forth with this same idea and then after talking to a friend I just went ahead and welded on Maule style steps. Oh well.... :)

-Chris

I also wanted to get rid of my original steps.